One Piece is one of the most popular manga and anime franchises of all time, running since 1997, and it looks like the franchise is not going to end anytime soon. One Piece creator, Eiichiro Oda, has a list of spin offs and special manga planned to be coming this year. One Twitter user @sandman_ap has listed all of what is coming this year from the franchise, and fans are excited.
There is a list of exciting new spin-offs coming this year, along with other material which can be seen below:
- 'Novel Ace' Volume 1 - which will focus on how Ace Established Spade Priates, set to release July 7th. Written by Shou Hinata.
- 'Novel Ace' Volume 2 and 3 - which will focus the story up untill Ace dies, which has not been revealed in manga before. The novels are set to release August 4th and September 1st. Written by Shou Hinata.
- 'Novel Straw Hat Crew' - a new short novel that focuses on each member of Straw Hats. Written by Tomohito Osaki
- 'Picture Book Light and Darkness ' - which is a new story on the childhood of Luffy, Ace, and Sabo. Written by Shinsaku Nagata.
- Special Manga Drawn by Oda
- Oda's extended interview
- A new special poster that is drawn by Oda
You can check out a description of One Piece from Viz Media below:
As a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally gained the power to stretch like rubber—at the cost of never being able to swim again! Years later, Luffy sets off in search of the One Piece, said to be the greatest treasure in the world…
Eiichiro Oda began his manga career in 1992 at the age of 17, when his one-shot cowboy manga Wanted! won second place in the coveted Tezuka manga awards. Oda went on to work as an assistant to some of the biggest manga artists in the industry, including Nobuhiro Watsuki, before winning the Hop Step Award for new artists. His pirate adventure One Piece, which debuted in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1997, quickly became one of the most popular manga in Japan.