Red Hood is finally available in Injustice 2, and hopefully, all of you are finally able to use him. We found out yesterday that many of you were having issues actually finding Red Hood in the game after purchasing him, so we put together this little guide. If you're having issues playing as Red Hood, just refer to that guide and you should be able to unlock him straight away.
Now that you can play as Red Hood, it's time to see how the pros are using him. Everyone at WWG loves playing all kinds of games, but we really love competition more than anything else. We like seeing "You Win" at the end of the round, and we know you do too. As much as we like playing Injustice 2, we love winning in Injustice 2, and so we scoured the internet looking for the best insider's tips and combos for Red Hood so we could start kicking ass online.
We've collected everything right here for you. Below you'll find some advanced combos and insider's tips for Red Hood. Some dedicated fighters on Reddit also outlined all of his abilities that you can unlock once you spend some time leveling and enhancing him. For fun, we also included a compilation video of all of Red Hood's dialogue, because NetherRealm always goes above and beyond to tip their hats to these heroes' many canonical pasts.
Keep scrolling for a complete guide to all things Red Hood:
General Tips and Tricks
- Red Hood's airborne pistol shots can help close in on zoners
- Utilize your landmines liberally to keep opponents moving according to your plans of attack, not theirs
- Forcing opponents to jump over mines when closing distance can give you an opportunity to counter with anti-air projectiles or uppercut into a combo
- Red Hood's trait (circle or B) enables a combo string that can end with a low, overhead, or throw, so you have a very high chance of getting in some easy damage on your opponent if they don't defend properly
- Red Hood's back-2 is a fast, advancing low strike with great range. It can lead into multiple combos or serve as the world's most effective poke
Once again, special shoutout to rooflemonger for his time and dedication, learning Red Hood and capturing his combos to help us all get a leg up in the competition. He does offer a word of warning to anyone checking out other combo videos showing some trait combo strings ending with a throw instead of a low:
"Welcome this is a bread & butter combo video for Red Hood in injustice 2. Here you will see the combos to help your game out and help you defeat your competition. I am aware that for some combos ending with the trait 332throw indeed does more damage however you give up all your positioning and its a fast way to corner yourself so i do not recommend it."
These are all abilities that you can eventually unlock for Red Hood, and all of them will have to be equipped separately through the customization options. These were compiled by "RoPr-Crusader" and other dedicated fans on Reddit:
- Hidden Explosives: When Meter Burning Lethal Lunge, Red Hood launches his opponent into the air with an attached bomb and allows for follow-up attacks after it explodes. (Augments Lethal Lunge Meter Burn)
- Gutted: Red Hood performs a series of quickblade attacks on the opponent. Meter Burning Gutted does additional damage and knocks the opponent away. (Replaces Spin Parry)
- Instant Death: Meter Burning Vendetta Slam will cause the opponent to bounce off the ground and allow for follow up attacks. (Adds Vendetta Slam Meter Burn)
- Akimbo Blaze: Red Hood quickly fires a barrage of low hitting gun shots at the opponent. Meter Burning Akimbo Blaze will fire additional shots for increased damage. (Replaces Spin Parry) Requires both ability slots.
- Time Bomb: Red Hood throws a rolling time bomb towards the opponent that pops them up for follow up attacks. Time Bomb can be thrown at different distances. (Replaces Ground Mine) Requires both ability slots.
- Shrapnel Blast: Red Hood throws a grenade into the air that explodes launching shrapnel towards the opponent. Meter Burning Shrapnel Blast does additional damage. (Replaces Ground Mine)
Once again, the team at NetherRealm Studios proves its dedication to making this the ultimate DC Comics superhero game ever developed by flexing their nerd muscles and crafting dialogue between fighters that shows an expertly fleshed out knowledge of Red Hood's past and connections to other characters.
There are many little shout-outs that you might have missed during these exchanges if you're not a long-time reader. We hear Power Girl bring up a "monitor named Bob," and Red Hood responds by asking how she knows Bob. This is referring to the monitor of New Earth who saved Jason Todd from being murdered for his corruption by the monitor Solomon.
You'll also note mention of a "Lazarus flashback" in the Red Hood mirror match, referring to the mystical, life-giving pit of resurrection used by various characters in the DC Comics universe (particularly in Batman threads).