One of Overwatch's most iconic tanks, Reinhardt, has had a rough go of it when it comes to issues and bugs regarding his big shield and his hammer that pummels his competition, and while he's still got some fixes left to be made, he's come a long way so far.
The list of issues that the tank faced and still faces was posted recently by Overwatch's game director Jeff Kaplan to the official Overwatch forums. Several of the issues that were being looked at involved his Fire Strike ability, but others also dealt with his basic hammer attack and his Charge assault. Below is the full list of bugs and issues that Kaplan reported are either resolved or are still waiting to be fixed:
Following up from an earlier post, here is where we are at with reported/known/reproducible Reinhardt bugs and issues.
A few of the addressed issues (Fire Strike hit box, for example) were fixed before 1.13. The rest have either been fixed or iterated on in 1.13. All of these fixes should be available on the PTR by this afternoon.
Addressed Reinhardt Issues
- Fire Strike hit-box was too small
- A host of hammer swing issues affected by high network latency have been addressed
- We’ve also increased Reinhardt’s hammer swing speed by 10% in general in 1.13
- Several animation cancelling bugs (also high network latency related) have been fixed
- Fire Strike and Charge animations now synch correctly regardless of network latency
- Charge reliably pins targets instead of knocking them back (Note: we fixed a number of issues and all of the issues we were reliably able to reproduce. Because charge is a cone-based attack and latency is involved, there might be other issues that surface. Providing us reproducible steps or video clips will help us if additional issues arise)
- Charge reliably pins targets when moving up steep stairs/ramps (see above note)
- Earthshatter isn’t picking up targets under certain circumstances. We intend to fix this issue in the next patch.
Players rejoiced within the comments at the prospect of having their Tank returned to them in a better condition once the fixes go live.
[via PVP Live]