Although he won’t be coming to the game until sometime this month, Black Manta was hinted at when it came to the latest update for Injustice 2, which is available now. You’ll be able to spot his profile in the fighter select screen, but can’t play as him just yet. He won't officially drop until September 12th, but you can definitely check out his bad-ass pose below...
His addition to the game is just part of the general fixes and features that were introduced with the latest patch to Injustice 2. You can find a specific breakdown of what was added over the next few pages.
The following fixes are a bit on the technical side, but they give you an idea of what certain little fixes were made with Competitive Mode, along with tweaks on the Xbox One console. WB posted these details earlier today…
- General stability and Online stability improvements
- Move list corrections and improvements to AI logic
- Online Ranked Match has been replaced with Ranked Set which are first to 3 wins
- Player Match and Private Match can now be searched with Competitive Mode On
- From within an Online Lobby Room you can now challenge player to 1v1 and KOTH matches with Competitive Mode On
- Fixed a rare issue where placing a wager during Clash with high latency on some controller configurations could result in the wrong bet being used
- Added Xbox Arena support for User Generated Tournaments on Xbox One
- Player can now equip gear dropped after a match or from a Mother Box to that character’s current default loadout
- Gear can now be bulk selected in a characters inventory screen with simple and advanced filters
- Gear can marked as favorite which prevents it from being sold or deleted
- Fixed many special moves being affected by the strength attribute instead of the ability attribute. Swamp Thing and Bane have had some damage increases noted below to compensate for this
- Fix for some character select and character viewer animations on premier skins
- Fixes to visual effects priority with Scarecrow’s & Cyborg’s supermoves
- Fixed audio issues with several attacks being interrupted
- Multiverse - fix for Swamp Thing's sidekick being able to make a character unresponsive if interrupted with specific timing
- Several Gear Abilities with Down, Down inputs that were still not changed to require a more precise input when buffered now do so
- Fixed an issue which was preventing Starfire Gear Abilities from dropping from Mother Boxes and Multiverse Event rewards
- Completion requirements have been reduced for all Guild Mulltiverse Tiers
- AI Loadouts can now be used in Guild Multiverse Events
Here’s the breakdown of what was fixed in certain stages within the game, based upon player feedback:
- Arkham Asylum - Fix for toilet interaction having a displaced hit region when interrupted in certain circumstances
- Atlantis - Bug fix for interrupting wall run interaction under certain circumstances preventing it from being used again
- Batcave - Fixed a bug causing the hit region of the motorcycle interaction to linger after being interrupted by certain attacks
- Batcave - Fix for rare situation where players could use a teleport move to be outside the boundaries of the stage
Minor things, sure, but still effective when it comes to your favorite stages.
- Aquaman – Fixed a bug causing combo damage scaling on Trident Scoop and Trident Scoop MB to be larger than expected
- Aquaman - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Aquaman's trident to be misaligned after hitting an opponent with Deep Sea (Towards + Medium, Light + Hard)
- Atroticus - Fixed rare bug that could cause Brute Slam (Down + Hard) to have longer than normal recovery when hitting Flash while he has Speed Zone character power active
- Bane – Heavy Hammer (Light, Light, Medium, Down) and Fist Slam (Towards + Medium, Down) recovery on hit increased by 2
- Bane - Increased Base damage on several special moves by 1 to compensate for them being now being correctly adjusted by the Ability stat
- Batman - Fixed a rare bug that could case Batman's Flying Kick follow-up from Straight Grapple to sometimes go in the wrong direction
- Black Canary - When Front Handspring is interrupted by Firestorm's Molten Trap, he will no longer then sometimes pass through Black Canary while immediately following up with Heat Wave (Away + Hard)
- Blue Beetle - Fixed issues with hit regions while character power is active if you attack immediately following a Roll Escape
- Brainiac - Fixed a bug that allowed Tendril Smash MeterBurn (Towards + Hard, MB) to be air escaped
- Brainiac – Fixed a bug that prevented Beta Strike’s hit region to be increased while opponent is in a combo
- Brainiac - Fixed bug causing Beta Strike and Beta Bomb blockstun and hitstun being shorter than expected if it collides with the opponent immediately following a blocked Pneumenoid Dive
- Catwoman - After hitting with Cat Dash and Cat Dash MeterBurn Catwoman can no longer sometimes forward dash through the opponent
- Catwoman - Cat Stance now requires a more precise input when buffered
- Cyborg - . Fixed the ability to perform Back/Forward grapple as a 2in1 cancel while Input Shortcuts are turned off in controller options
- Deadshot - Fix a bug which could result in a lingering empty clip from his end of round win animation
- Firestorm - Missing with (Air) Fusion Charge then immediately performing Heat Wave (Away + Hard) will no longer sometimes cause Firestorm to pass through his opponent
- Green Arrow - Fixed bug that caused Green Arrow to be briefly immune to high attacks if he started Take Aim character power while crouching and immediately jumped while holding the arrow
- Green Arrow - Fixed rare issue that would cause Green Arrow's bow to be misaligned after missing with Stinger
- Harley Quinn - Fix for hyenas summoned from her character power appearing in the wrong position in certain circumstances
- Joker - Rolling Gas can no longer be MeterBurned after it is destroyed by things such as Sub-Zero's Ice Klone and Captain Cold's Death-cicle MeterBurn which would result is wasted super meter
- Red Hood - Lethal Lunge MeterBurn while Hidden Explosive Gear Ability is equipped now does 8 less base damage
- Red Hood - . Akimbo Blaze & Akimbo Blaze MeterBurn Gear Ability now does 3 less base damage
- Robin - Fixed rare issue with Assassin Strike causing the hit animation to not work properly if hitting on the last active frame
- Robin - Fixed hit FX sometimes appearing in the wrong location on many sword attacks
- Scarecrow - Fixed a bug that caused Fear Flame to fully charge Scarecrow's character power meter when colliding with certain projectiles
- Starfire - Reduced the base damage of My Little Bumgorf (Light, Light), Grishnik Got Your Tongue? (Medium, Light), and Call Your Knorfka? (Medium, Hard) by 1
- Starfire - Reduced the base damage of Star Strikes (Away + Medium) by 2
- Starfire - Increased combo damage scaling when canceling into Starbolt character power
- Starfire - Side Scratch (Down + Light) has 2 less cancel advantage
- Starfire - Burning Desire & Shooting Star base damage reduced by 1
- Starfire - Reduced base damage of Star Dust by 2 and Star Dust MeterBurn by 1
- Starfire - Tamaranean Charge is now airborne on frame 4
- Starfire - Star Slam gear ability can now be directed close
- Starfire – Fixed a bug which could cause some lingering visual FX after end of round win animation
- Starfire - Fixed some hair clipping issues
- Subzero - Function-Kneeing Properly (Hard) has its hitregion adjusted, has 10 less frames of recovery on hit/block/miss, 10 less frames of blockstun, and slightly less pushback on block
- Subzero - Killing Blow (Hard, Hard) had its hitregion adjusted
- Subzero - Low Chop (Down + Light) has 1 more frame of cancel advantage, 2 more frames of recovery, and has 1 more hit advantage
- Subzero - . Fixed rare issue where several attacks when pushing an opponent into Ice Klone which would cause it to have slightly reduced blockstun
- Supergirl - (Air) Heat Vision Gear Ability will no longer sometimes change impact location after destroying Sub-Zero's Ice Klone
- Superman - Fixed some visual FX being the wrong color when using Bizarro skin
- Swamp Thing - Increased Base damage on several special moves by 1 to compensate for them being now being correctly adjusted by the Ability stat
According to this particular Reddit, these changes apparently have been made to the Xbox One version of the game: Confirmed. The Ranked sets are in as are the two options (gear and
UPDATE 1: Confirmed. The Ranked sets are in as are the two options (gear and stats enabled/disabled) for Player Matches.
UPDATE 2: Just noticed there's a "Favorite" option on the Inventory screen, allowing you to star any item you like. Has that always been an option?
UPDATE 3: 22SG discovered that there's a new gear rarity. It's red and "Legendary." You can see this when you go to bulk mark items in your inventory to sell. Speaking of which, you can bulk mark by rarity and additional options include: excluding sets, augments, level, strength, ability, defese, health, combined stats and price all on a "less than x" variable.
UPDATE 4: Looks like each base character (not the DLC characters) may have a new shader? Captain Cold's is Heat Wave, Aquaman's is Marauder, Blue Beetle's is Jaime's Coluan Phase etc.?
You can also catch a peek at the new ranked sets above, as well as at this link.
Yep, based on the above YouTube video, today’s update also brought about two new shaders for each base character within the game. We’re not sure if that’s the same for the DLC characters, but these shaders should no doubt help you mix things up when it comes to giving your combatant a particularly cool look. It runs through most of the cast with ease, and you can see how effective the shaders are with each selection made. You can also see the video at this link in case it’s not working above for you. This leaves us hopeful that we could see even more shaders added to the game in the future. Yes, please.
Injustice 2 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.