Injustice 2 has been getting the fandom since its release earlier this summer with everything from concept art drawings to fan strategies to all sorts of side stories relating to heroes and villains from the popular NetherRealm Studios brawler. But we just caught a glimpse at a great new animated project that will take your breath away.
The team at Atomhawk Design has managed to put together a lovely series of animated endings from the game. Though they kind of head into spoiler territory, they’re well worth watching, with a variety of characters doing everything from punishing Brainiac in their own special way to showing their dominance.
Again, spoilers ahead, so consider yourself warned. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the animated endings you’ll see in the clip above:
- Joker preparing to slice into a defeated Brainiac with his knife
- Green Arrow fending off an invasion following Brainiac’s defeat
- Bane breaking Brainiac’s back
- Poison Ivy basically taking over the world
- Superman feeding into Brainiac’s powers
- Supergirl celebrating her victory
- Black Canary riding off to an unknown location
- Gorilla Grodd and his breed overtaking a nearby city
- The Flash and company speeding along at the speed of light
- Cheetah preparing to fight an unlucky foe
- The Lantern Corps lighting up their rings
- Captain Cold putting an unknown foe on ice
Though a bit on the short side, the animated trailer really is a wonderful piece of work, and provides enough evidence that Atomhawk Design could do this with much longer endings if asked. Granted, NetherRealm Studios is probably happy with its work the way it is, but the team should definitely give these a view, because Atomhawk has this down.
Now the only question is, will we see future Injustice 2 pieces from AtomHawk? We’re certainly keeping our fingers crossed that it’s hard at work on something else from the series.
Injustice 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.