The three skins were revealed on Tuesday when the PBE entered into a new cycle following the release of Patch 7.18’s notes. With flowing clothes and hair and each one of the champions wielding a mystical sword, the Immortal Journey skins are all currently available in the PBE for testing.
These skins follow a teaser that was heavily discussed within the Chinese forums, a preview that many mistakenly thought was for a new Shen skin. Each of the skins has a unique name that doesn’t include the “Immortal Journey” phrase in it, so with the skin line now said to be a part of that universe, it’s possible that more of these skins or an opposing line of cosmetics will be revealed later on.
Sacred Sword Janna turnarounds! pic.twitter.com/5xva06s1t9— StarGuardianKatey 💫 (@KateyAnthony) September 12, 2017
The first of the skins is Sacred Sword Janna, a skin that gives the pick/ban support a magical sword and a koi fish companion.
Janna might not be the most likely candidate for the Immortal Journey skins, but considering the final product, it definitely seems to fit the support more than it would on paper. Riot LoveStrut outlined some of the champion’s specific details in a post on the PBE boards:
- All new model: Fashioned with flowing cloth and a koi companion.
- All new animations: Unleashes the power contained in her sacred sword.
- All new VFX: Harnesses magic to blow away enemies in a flurry of water, wind, and peach blossoms.
- All new SFX: Serene and powerful magic.
Eternal Sword Yi turnarounds! pic.twitter.com/IXXgwqL5Ko— StarGuardianKatey 💫 (@KateyAnthony) September 12, 2017
Master Yi seems like a much more natural fit for the new line of skins, and the preview of his new Eternal Sword skin proves that assumption to be true.
With a partially-revealed face and the swordsman learning some wind tricks from Yasuo’s techniques, Master Yi drops the “Master” part of his name to simply be called Eternal Sword Yi. Like Janna, Yi’s skin has unique sounds and visuals detailed on the PBE boards:
- All new model: Yi finally takes off his mask!
- All new animations: Harnesses the power of the wind to fly during Highlander.
- All new VFX: Swords, swords, and… even more swords!
- All new SFX: The sounds of enchanted wind and blades.
Soaring Sword Fiora turnarounds! pic.twitter.com/ihiHhZANE3— StarGuardianKatey 💫 (@KateyAnthony) September 12, 2017
The last of the champions to receive one of the Eastern-themed skins is Fiora, the duelist’s new look called Soaring Sword Fiora.
This version of Fiora takes her swordsman prowess a bit further by conjuring up more magical blades during her fights, especially when she’s fighting more than one opponent at once. Soaring Sword Fiora is also open to bug report and feedback on the PBE:
- All new model: Flowing garments that trail behind her as she cuts through battle.
- All new animations: Manifesting new swords with every stab.
- All new VFX: Multiple swords to duel multiple opponents.
- All new SFX: Gorgeous sounds that match her elegance.