The newest set of patch notes for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds have been posted that include a new weapon, foggy weather, and a series of bugfixes and improvements.
Within the test servers, the update is already live to preview some of the changes and offer feedback before the patch goes live for everyone else. In addition to the core changes that players have been expecting after several previews leading up to the patch, the notes include plenty of user interface changes as well as improved sounds and animations.
But one feature that’s not found in the patch notes is vaulting, a mechanic that PUBG players have been anticipating for quite a while now. However, an update on the progress of the feature was included in the notes with PUBG acknowledging the interest in the feature. The notes said that it’s still a work-in-progress development, one that has “tens of thousands of objects” that have to be taken into consideration when perfecting vaulting.
“The algorithm is quite complex and requires rigorous testing and fine-tuning of the map,” the update read. “Testing it for only a couple of days before deployment on the Live servers won’t be enough for us to identify all bugs and side effects. Therefore, we are planning to test it for a longer period of time in early November. If needed, we may roll it out on test servers for a certain amount of time even before November. Until then, we will be working on the feature internally.”
But after the opening discussion about test servers and vaulting, the notes dove into the more in-depth changes that are shipping with the next patch. The full patch notes can be read here, but the core changes previewed recently related to the new gun and the foggy effects are outlined below.
- Added Foggy weather
- The foggy weather effect will hinder player sight on the map. This weather effect has a low probability to occur
- In order to test the weather effect, the foggy weather will have a higher chance to occur during test server
gameplay ,but will be reduced for Live servers
- Enhanced graphics of the sky in pre-existing weather effects
- Added a new town, East of
- Added a new weapon, the Mini-14. The Mini-14 is a lightweight and compact 5.56 semi-automatic marksman rifle
- The weapon uses sniper rifle attachments for both the muzzle and magazine
slots,and can take any type of optic sight
- This weapon has lower damage stats than other DMR's, which is compensated by very high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop