Need For Speed: Payback keeps looking sweeter and sweeter each time we see more of it in action, and today, Electronic Arts blew the roof off with a plethora of new details regarding the game’s single player mode.
In Payback, you guide a trio of racing superstars that find themselves up against The House, a nefarious cartel that’s taken control of the city’s casinos, criminals and cops. With their strength, it’s going to be nearly impossible to bring down their empire. Fortunately, your crew is very determined.
Along with a new story trailer, which you can see above, we also got a lot of new details regarding the characters and ways to play within the game, which you can find below:
Bring Down the House
Set in the underworld of Fortune Valley, you and your crew are reunited by a search for vengeance against The House, a nefarious cartel that rules the city’s casinos, criminals, and cops. In this corrupt gambler’s paradise, the stakes are high and The House always wins. Play a variety of events as Tyler, Mac, and Jess. Earn the respect of the Valley’s underground and compete in the ultimate race to finally take down The House.
Meet the Crew
- Tyler ‘Ty’ Morgan – A natural-born racer, Ty possesses killer racing instincts and an unwavering will to win that make him a formidable opponent whether in a street race or on the drag strip.
- Jessica ‘Jess’ Miller – Jess is a runner, a driver for hire to the rich and infamous who can get you out of trouble no matter how volatile the situation.
- Sean ‘Mac’ McAlister – Mac is the crew’s drift and off-road specialist, a happy-go-lucky driver with a flashy, unpredictable style. He loves getting down and dirty on the trail, or executing that flawless line around a tight corner.
Ways to Play
- The Racer – Put your foot to the floor and never hold back. Bring home the win, speed is everything.
- The Wheelman – Perform high-risk, high-reward jobs, just keep a look out for the cops.
- The Showman – Head off-road and kick up the sand and dust, don’t let the tarmac contain you.
- Ravindra ‘Rav’ Chaudhry – Rav is the crew’s mechanical genius. Although he rarely steps out of his workshop, he lets the crew use his garage out in the desert and helps them tune up their rides.
- Lina Navarro – Lina Navarro is the House’s representative on the street racing scene. Although she’s one of Fortune Valley’s top technical racers, she prefers to rely on her street smarts to get ahead.
- Marcus ‘The Gambler’ Weir – Marcus Weir is the apex predator of the Silver Rock casino scene. A relentless risk-taker with a taste for long shots and impossible odds, he has risen through the Fortune Valley scene through wits and guts alone.
The street leagues of Fortune Valley stand between you and the Outlaw’s Rush. Take on the races and face each league’s boss.
- Failed Heist – Tyler and the rest of the crew set out to steal a super car from under the nose of the Gambler.
- Highway Heist – The crew have learned that The House are transporting a car equipped with new technology.
- And more… – Take on blockbuster missions and take down The House.
Need For Speed: Payback will release on November 10th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin PC.