Called Overcharge, the game mode takes place on a map called Substructure 23, a futuristic environment that meshes perfectly with the PROJECT theme. It’s a 3v3 game mode where you’ll only be able to play as selected marksmen with a limited number of Summoner Spells to choose from, and no runes from Runes Reforged will be usable during the PROJECT battles. Not all of the champions have to have PROJECT skins though, the list of playable champions found below:
- Ashe, Caitlyn, Corki, Draven, Ezreal, Graves, Jhin, Jinx, Kalista, Kog’maw, Lucian, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Tristana, Varus, Vayne, Xayah
- Free to play: Ashe, Ezreal, Graves, Jhin, Kog’maw, Lucian, Tristana, Varus, Vayne, Xayah
To win in Overcharge, your team will have to acquire 50 points while completing unique objectives like destroying Charge Bots and stealing Augmentation Fragments. Killing champions will earn your one point each, but killing them while you have the new Overcharge buff will net you even more points.
Overcharging your team is a result of collecting five Augmentation Fragments, objectives that are carried by the Charge Bots that will periodically spawn. Once you’re Overcharged, the best bet for the enemy team is to simply avoid you until the buff runs out since you’ll be basically unstoppable thanks to these perks:
- Instantly reset all cooldowns on start. While overcharged, champion kills also reset all cooldowns.
- +60% movement speed, +30% cooldown reduction, +30% cooldown reduction cap, +1000 mana regeneration per second, +25% size.
- Incoming spells and damage slows you temporarily, but cannot damage you.
You’ll also see several different elements in the Overcharge game mode that might look familiar from different maps and game modes. You’ll be revealed to the enemy team when you enter certain Surveillance Zones, and there are Blast Nodes within the map that function like Blast Cones from Summoner’s Rift.
The game mode is going to be tested on the PBE first before it goes live, and you can read up on the details more through a post on the League boards.