Prepare to see Mary Jane Watson like you’ve never seen her before.
Marvel Comics today revealed nearly the full line of Mary Jane Watson variant covers coming to comic book stores in June 2017.
The new variant covers were created by some of Marvel’s top artists, including Kris Anka, David Lopez, Mike Allred, Ryan Stegman, Paolo Rivera, Chris Samnee, Javier Rodriguez, and more.
“Both the Gwen Stacy Variant Program and this month’s Venomized Variant Program were such runaway successes, we couldn’t help but try to top ourselves,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel in a statement. “And with Chip Zdarsky and Adam Kubert’s new Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man book on the horizon, the timing couldn’t have been better to put the spotlight on fan-favorite Mary Jane Watson.”
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man is the new Spider-Man series launching in June that aims to return Spider-Man to his roots as a hero balancing super-heroics with everyday life. A Spider-Man story by Zdarsky and Kubert was featured as the backup in Marvel’s Free Comic Book Day Secret Empire #1 and Mary Jane Watson was heavily featured, suggesting she’ll have a role to play in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man as well.
You can see the newly revealed covers in the gallery below. Here’s a full list of the Mary Jane Watson variant covers arriving in stores in June 2017:
- ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 by Kris Anka
- ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #21 by David Lopez
- AVENGERS #8 by Mike Allred
- BLACK BOLT #2 by Ryan Stegman
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #18 by Paolo Rivera
- CHAMPIONS #9 by Helen Chen
- DAREDEVIL #21 by Humberto Ramos
- DEADPOOL #32 by Elizabeth Torque
- DOCTOR STRANGE #22 by Francisco Herrera
- GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVABLE #17 by David Nakayama
- HULK #7 by Rahzzah
- I AM GROOT #2 by Julian Totino Tedesco
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 by Marco Checchetto
- IRON FIST #4 by Stephanie Hans
- MIGHTY THOR #20 by Patrick Brown
- SECRET WARRIORS #3 by Javier Rodriguez
- SPIDER-GWEN #21 by Kevin Wada
- THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #6 by Chris Samnee
- THE PUNISHER #13 by Dave Williams
- VENOM #151 by Francesco Mattina
- X-MEN BLUE #5 by TBD
- X-MEN GOLD #5 by Anthony Piper.
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man goes on sale June 21, 2017.
Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #1
(W) Chip Zdarsky (A/CA) Adam Kubert
SPIDER-MAN RETURNS TO THE FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD!
In Shops: Jun 21, 2017
More Marvel News: Fan-Favorite Avengers Character Returns / Black Panther Spinoff Canceled / Marvel Restricts Fantastic Four, X-Men Characters From Appearing On Upper Deck Sketch Cards / Marvel Giving Away Cosmic Cubes For Secret Empire