Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has arrived on Blu-ray and DVD, which means fans are now free to watch the film at their own pace I order to scout for Easter Eggs and connections to other Star Wars movies that they may have missed when they saw the film in theaters.
Lucasfilm is offering a hand in that respect. The studio has released two new videos detailing some of the major Easter eggs and connections from Rogue One: A Star Wars story.
- There is a droid in Jedha City that is the same model as the droid that discovered the rebel base on Hoth in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back.
- Saw Gerrera's group of freedom fighters play a game of Dejarik in their base using carved, wooden pieces. The game is usually played using a hologram table like the one on the Millennium Falcon.
- In the rebel base, a voice over the intercom calls for General Syndulla. This is Her Syndulla, a character from Star Wars Rebels.
- When Jyn Erso's team tries to leave the rebel base, the voice of the flight control officer asking for their callsign is Rogue One co-writer Tony Gilroy.
- There is a droid that is a practical puppet operated by the same team that operated BB-8 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- An appearance by the Turbo Tank, first used by the clone army in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of The Sith
- K-2SO was originally designed to be a black protocol droid of the same design as C-3PO.
In Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, former scientist Galen Erso lives on a farm with his wife and young daughter Jyn. His peaceful existence comes crashing down when the evil Orson Krennic takes him away from his beloved family. Many years later, Galen is now the Empire's lead engineer for the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Death Star. Knowing that her father holds the key to its destruction, a vengeful Jyn joins forces with a spy and other resistance fighters to steal the space station's plans for the Rebel Alliance.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was directed by Gareth Edwards and written by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy, based on a story by John Knoll and Gary Whitta. Rogue One stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Jiang Wen and Forest Whitaker.
Rogue One: Star Wars Story is now available on Blu-ray and DVD.
More Rogue One News: