The Walking Dead's midseason finale is upon us. Most of the characters we've come to know up to this point have survived through a chaotic season six, leaving Nicholas, a handful of Alexandrians, and a bunch of Wolves behind.
However, the stakes are high in this "Start to Finish" midseason finale. Ron has a gun. The walls have fallen. Walkers are flooding the streets. And let's not forget, Dwight and the Saviors are out there somewhere after having been introduced in episode 6x06.
Who is going to meet their demise in season six? We can make a few educated guesses, having read The Walking Dead's comics which the series has been following pretty tightly in recent months. The ones you would have to keep your eyes on if this were a direct adaptation are Tobin, Jessie, Ron, Morgan, Deanna, and Carl.
Does that mean they're in danger in the show's midseason finale, though? Not necessarily. In fact, it's probably safe to say Morgan doesn't belong on the list. His character will be fleshed out a bit more and not in a eaten by zombies way.
Let's take a look at our characters and evaluate the risks.
- Rick - Safe. It's Rick. He's going to lead.
- Carl - Danger. Likely won't be killed, but Ron is going to cause him some serious harm.
- Glenn - Safe. He has to reunite with Maggie. And then Lucille.
- Maggie - Safe. She has to reunite with Glenn.
- Daryl - Safe. He'll probably show up late with Abraham and Sasha and save somebody's day.
- Carol - Safe. She's well prepared for some zombie warfare.
- Morgan - Danger. His comic book counter part doesn't make it past the Alexandria walls falling, but a similar death was given to Tyreese on TV. Morgan will likely survive the herd's invasion but we can't say for sure.
- Michonne - Safe. She's fully equipped with the skills and tool to defend herself from the herd. It would be cool to see a comic parallel for her here, because as Morgan dies in the comics, she opens up for the first time and shows some true emotion.
- Abraham - Safe. He'll rush in, one-liner-spewing hero-style to kick some zombie ass and save somebody.
- Rosita - Danger. Though her comic book character makes it past this point, she saw a lot of lines last week, which is usually the kiss of death, and on top of that, Abraham may have a new interest: Sasha. Move over, Rosita.
- Sasha - Danger. She's unpredictable and it may cost her despite finally appearing stable in 6x06 when talking to Abraham.
- Eugene - Safe. Eugene will go on and see the larger world beyond this herd invasion.
- Judith - Safe. She's made it this far (somehow) so it's hard to imagine her getting suddenly devoured by zombies.
- Aaron - Safe. He's adaptable and an essential part of the new community being built.
- Eric - Danger. His ankle is injured and the group is going to have to move fast to avoid the herd. He will only slow people down.
- Deanna - Serious Danger. Her comic book counter part goes down in a blaze of gun shots as he is devoured by walkers. Deanna left her legacy with Rick when she handed him the plans for the Alexandria expansion.
- Spencer - Danger. After his boneheaded decision in 6x07, it's safe to assume he is not safe when a massive herd of hungry walkers is running around.
- Jessie - Serious Danger. Her comic book counter part gets cut off, literally, by Rick as she is devoured by zombies. Shortly after the two hook up on the pages, the walker herd comes in and gets a hold of Jessie and Rick severed her hand as she tried to hold on to Carl.
- Ron - Danger. He may think he's in control, but in reality, he's never shot the gun he's carrying and he's likely to make a bad decision while holding it.
- Sam - Danger. He's scared of the zombies and can't defend himself. One little sound and he'll attract them all to the Sam Buffet.
- Enid - Safe. She and Glenn will likely search for a way inside and help fight off the herd.
- Tobin - Dead.
- Father Gabriel - Danger. His character survives quite a bit longer in the comics, but Gabriel seems to have run his course on the show. Though his death might be one which would make the audience say, "Yes! Finally!" and the writers never really provide us with those moments, Gabriel shouldn't be ruled as safe. We all know what happens to people who don't see eye to eye with Rick Grimes.
- Tara - Danger. She risked her life last week to save Spencer and on top of that, has a new potential love interest with Denise, who in the comics dates Heath. She's one bad decision away from allowing the show to course correct in that direction while breaking the hearts of all the Tara/Denise shippers.
- Denise - Safe. She's the only doctor left in the world. She can't clock out yet.
- Heath - Safe. We've hardly even gotten to know Heath but him and his hair game will continue to grow in the second half of season six.
Who do you think is in danger in The Walking Dead's season six midseason finale?