Just in time for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, the Royal Canadian Mint is commemorating the occasion with a new line of Star Trek-themed collectible currency, with this delta-shaped Starfleet insignia gold coin being the centerpiece of the collection.
“For 50 years, Star Trek captured the imagination of countless fans by entertaining us while opening our eyes to the possibilities of science and the wonders of our vast universe,” said Sandra Hanington, President and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint. “The Mint is proud to celebrate a cultural phenomenon that has carved a space in the hearts and minds of Canadians and fellow Star Trek fans all over Planet Earth.”
- Take the helm with this Starfleet Command insignia—part of our 50th anniversary of the Star Trek television series, which is beloved by many Canadians and credited with inspiring innovation in our time!
- A WORLD FIRST! This is the world's first delta-shaped coin: Unique engraving techniques recreate the smooth, arrowhead-shaped insignia that has become associated with the U.S.S Enterprise, Starfleet, and the Star Trek universe!
- The past meets the present—and the future: Cutting-edge technology recreates a classic design to produce a truly timeless collectible.
- Crafted from 99.99% pure gold with a very low mintage—a one-of-a-kind collectible that will shine in your collection.
- An official licensed product approved by CBS Studios.
- Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
Detailed engraving and contrasting finishing instill this unusually shaped coin with an inspiring, nostalgic feel. Its arrowhead shape mimics that of the iconic Delta Shield Insignia, which was worn by the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise and became the identifying emblem of Starfleet.
Star Trek Beyond opens in theaters and IMAX beginning July 22.