After the roller coaster ride of the last couple weeks, the “Hounded” episode of The Walking Dead offered a little bit of a breather. Sure, there was still all sorts of crazy going on, but at least no cast member…well, no major cast member died. Here are our picks for the five most shocking moments from “Hounded.”
5. Carl Confesses - Daryl tells Carl about how his mother died after setting a fire while smoking in bed. Daryl says, “Burnt down to nothing. That was the hard part. She was just gone, erased. Nothing left of her. People said it was better that way. I don’t know, just made it seem like it wasn’t real, you know.” Carl says, “I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn’t turned yet. I ended it. It was real.”
4. Andrea Hooks Up With The Governor – After lots of flirting, Andrea tells The Governor, “Other things happen.” The Governor takes this as an invitation, and he leans in and kisses Andrea. Next thing you know, they are in bed together, being rudely interrupted by Merle knocking at the door.
3. Merle Grabs Maggie – At first Merle acts all nice, asking Glenn and Maggie to take him to his brother. But when Glenn refuses and says that he will send his brother back to him, Merle startles them by firing a shot into the truck. Then, Merle grabs Maggie and puts a gun to her head in order to get Glenn to drop his weapon.
2. Daryl Finds Carol – After Daryl found Carol’s knife in a walker’s neck, he assumes she is dead. When he sees a cell door moving, he assumes it is another walker trying to get out. He bursts into the cell with his knife drawn, but instead of a walker, he finds Carol.
1. Lori Is On The Phone – When Rick asked how the phone caller knew his name, she says because they knew him, and he knew them. The caller says that Rick was talking to Amy, Jim, and Jacqui. Rick realizes those are the names of members or his group that have died, and he realizes he’s talking to his dead wife Lori.