Steam is throwing a massive Halloween sale right now. Not to be outdone by the likes of GOG, which is also throwing a spooky sale of its own, Steam has included a variety of scary movies along with these spooky games to spice things up a bit! You can find the landing page for the Halloween sale right here.
As with most Steam sales, if you don't already have a wishlist prepared with games and films that you know you'd like to pick up once they're discounted, the sheer quantity of titles marked down can be a bit overwhelming. That's why we've taken a little time to look things over, and we have a few recommendations for you guys based on games we loved, and based on prices that can't be ignored.
Let's start with a few game recommendations, and then we'll move on to some scary movie deals! All descriptions are from the Steam listings.
Alien Isolation - $11.99
- "Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance."
Friday the 13th: The Game - $19.99
- "Friday the 13th: The Game is a third-person horror, survival game where players take on the role of a teen counselor, or for the first time ever, Jason Voorhees. You and six other unlucky souls will do everything possible to escape and survive while the most well-known killer in the world tracks you down and brutally slaughters you."
SOMA - $7.49
- "Enter the world of SOMA and face horrors buried deep beneath the ocean waves. Delve through locked terminals and secret documents to uncover the truth behind the chaos. Seek out the last remaining inhabitants and take part in the events that will ultimately shape the fate of the station. But be careful, danger lurks in every corner: corrupted humans, twisted creatures, insane robots, and even an inscrutable omnipresent A.I."
Saw: The Complete Collection - $38.87
- "All the movies from the franchise that redefined the horror genre with its unique take on visual and psychological scares are collected in this complete set in time for the 10th anniversary of the original SAW. See the game from beginning to end!"
The Cabin in the Woods - $5.59
- "From writer/producer Joss Whedon (THE AVENGERS), comes a sci-fi horror film unlike any you've seen before - or is it? Curt (Chris Hemsworth) and a rambunctious group of college friends steal away for a weekend of debauchery in an isolated cabin, only to be attacked by horrific supernatural creatures in a night of endless terror. Sound familiar? Just wait. As the teens begin to exhibit standard horror movie behavior, a group of technicians in a control room are manipulating every move they make! With their efforts continually thwarted by the all-powerful eye in the sky, do they have any chance of escape?"
The Haunting in Connecticut - $3.99
- "Based on a chilling true story, THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT charts one family's terrifying, real-life encounter with the dark forces of the supernatural. When the Campbell family moves to upstate Connecticut, they soon learn that their charming Victorian home has a disturbing history: not only was the house a transformed funeral parlor where inconceivable acts occurred, but the owner's clairvoyant son Jonah served as a demonic messenger, providing a gateway for spiritual entities to crossover. Now, unspeakable terror awaits when Jonah, the boy who communicated with the dead, returns to unleash a new kind of horror on the innocent and unsuspecting family."