Good news Disney / board game fans! If you already pre-ordered the highly anticipated Disney's Villainous board game from Wonder Forge, you automatically scored a 13% discount today. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you can lock that deal in on Amazon while it lasts. The game is slated to arrive on July 29th.
Villainous allows you to take on the role of Maleficent, Jafar, Ursula, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, or Prince John in an attempt to pull off evil schemes. In other words, it’s a board game where you’re the Disney villain and are rewarded for doing villainous things. If you still need convincing, here’s more info on how the game works…
As noted, you can take control of one of six Disney villains in the game. Each villain has their own storyline that’s based on the events of their movies - Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, and Robin Hood. Each villain also has their own board (their “realm” as it were), villain deck, fate deck, guide, and token. The fate deck includes heroes like Ariel, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Robin Hood, and Dormouse that can be used to thwart the villain’s plans.
Each turn, the player moves to one of four locations in their realm, then takes actions that correspond with that space. There are different actions associated with each space and players can take those actions in any order that they see fit. Villains draw cards from their villain deck, which helps them move closer to their objective. Heroes picked from the fate deck can impede the villain’s progress and players are encouraged to use these fate cards to foil the plans of their fellow players while simultaneously working to achieve their own goals. As the game tagline notes, “the worst takes all”.
Each villain exists only in their own realm, so there aren’t any crossover opportunities here, but there is loads of replayability potential. As you familiarize yourself with each villain’s individual style, you will become more adept at utilizing their decks to achieve victory.1comments
Basically, Disney Villainous looks like it will absolute must-have for family game night. Reserve a copy here and start working on your maniacal laugh. The official list of features for the game can be found below.
- WHAT YOU GET - Disney Villainous is a light strategy game for up to 6 players. In the box you’ll find 6 Boards, 84 Tokens, 1 Cauldron, 6 Reference Cards, 6 Villain Guides, and Instructions.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS - Easy to learn with clear instructions! Additionally, each of the 6 Villains has their own guide. These guides will inspire you with strategies and tips for crafting the most successful plan to win!
- DEVELOPS STRATEGY SKILLS - Use your character’s unique abilities to reach your objectives. You can also play the Fate Deck against other Disney Villains to thwart them from attaining their objectives.
- CHARACTERS YOU LOVE - In this asymmetric style of game play, each Disney Villain has their own objectives and goals. Once you’ve figured out the best way to play as one Disney Villain, try to solve another! You have 6 different Disney Villains to choose from — Maleficent, Jafar, Ursula, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, and Prince John. The Fate Decks also feature your favorite protagonists like, Ariel, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Robin Hood, Dormouse, and more!
- GREAT FOR DISNEY FANS & FAMILIES - Whether you’re playing with a group of devoted Disney fans, classic strategy gamers, or with your family, Disney Villainous is perfect for any game night occasion!
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.