The summer of 2012 is such an epic summer for comic book movies will there be anything left for fans to anticipate in 2013. Fortunately, it looks like things aren't going to be slowing down next year. Here is an early look at the most anticipated comic book movies of 2013. Because 2013 is still a longs way off, keep in mind that these release dates aren't set in stone and may change.I, Frankenstein
– While not one of the better known comic books, I, Frankenstein is based on a series from Darkstorm Studios. It tells the story of a modern day Frankenstein, who works as a private investigator. Aaron Eckhart has been cast in the lead in this movie. Release Date: February 22, 2013.
– Could the third Iron Man movie be the best one yet? Robert Downey Jr. seems to think so, as he has already sung the praises of the script. Iron Man 3 is being shot in Wilmington, North Carolina. Release Date: May 3, 2013.Superman: Man Of Steel
– For those lamenting the end of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, Superman: Man of Steel might be the relief they need. While Nolan isn't directing, he is credited as one of the producers and writers for the movie. We've got high hopes that this will be the best Superman movie since 1978. Release Date: June 14, 2013.
– Instead of superheroes, R.I.P.D. is about police officers. Oh, did we mention the police officers are dead? Yes, R.I.P.D. stands for Rest In Peace Department. A recently slain cop joins the R.I.P.D. in order to look for the man who murdered him. Release Date: June 28, 2013.
– Hugh Jackman is back, as the character he is most famous for playing. So far the description of this movie is "Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior." Just the fact that Wolverine is going to Japan has us excited about this movie. Release Date: July 26, 2013.Untitled 300 Sequel
– This movie might not have a title yet, but a release date has been announced by Warner Bros. The highly anticipated sequel to 300 will be directed by Noam Murro. Release Date: August 2, 2013.
– A superhero movie with a rare winter release date. Chris Hemsworth returns as Thor. Having already faced Loki twice in the first Thor movie and The Avengers, will there be a new villain or will Loki return for a third time? Release Date: November 8, 2013.0comments