With Patrick Stewart set to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard for a new CBS All Access Star Trek series, the time is right to revisit Star Trek: The Next Generation. This is especially true because Amazon is running a one day deal on the Blu-ray box set that drops the price down to $64.78. That's a whopping 57% off and an-all time low. Grab it here with the discount while you can because the average price of this set is $114, and there's a good chance it will be back in that territory come tomorrow, December 2nd.
However, this isn't the only Star Trek Blu-ray deal that you can take advantage of today. The Star Trek Complete Original Series Blu-ray box set is available here for $34.98 (42%off). Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection is available on Blu-ray right here for $17.98 (63% off). The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection is even cheaper at only $10.75 (53% off).
Finally, the Blu-ray release of Star Trek Discovery - Season One was released back on November 13th, and it is also on sale at Amazon for $35.69 (30% off). A list of special features from the release includes the following:
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers
andstars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
- THE STAR TREK THEME – A discussion with executive producer Alex Kurtzman and composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- PROP ME UP – Led by propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- FEEDING FRENZY – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A FEMALE TOUCH – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms
andarmor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
In addition, the home release will also include never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes.2comments
The first season of Star Trek: Discovery is available to stream in its entirety on CBS All Access in the United States, through CraveTV in Canada, and through Netflix in other international markets. Star Trek: Discovery Season Two will premiere in January 2019.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.