The beat keeps drumming on for Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs 2, the enjoyable open-world adventure where you can basically hack to your heart’s content while dealing with a variety of missions. And today, that variety opened up even further with the latest game update, which brings a plethora of new, free content to the table.
Ubisoft broke down “the most difficult co-op challenge yet” that’s been added to the game, along with various other things that players can enjoy starting right now. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Man vs Machine Co-Op Event– A weaponized Tidis protoype security robot has been detected around the Bay Area, and it’s going to be a pain in the ass to take out. But you’re up to the task, right? It will appear dynamically in the world as a DedSec Event when you’re paired up with someone in co-op, will require careful coordination with your fellow hacker in order to defeat it. Good luck.
- PvP Loot Trucks– Robbing loot trucks for fat stacks of cash and followers is about to get a little crazier. Other players will be able to join your session when you come across a loot truck and you’ll have to battle them AND the cops in order to reap the rewards. This update supports up to 4 players in a session at a time, and can be played co-op.
- Leaderboard Improvements– We wanted our leaderboards to be as sexy as the No CompromiseDLC so we’ve completely remade them. They should be easier to read, and offer you a better picture of where you stand amongst the masses, and what you need to do to rank up. You’ll need to check your standing more regularly, as you can now lose rank if you aren’t continuing to fight for your position over the course of each season. That said, seasonal rewards at Silver and Gold level cannot be lost once those ranks are achieved.
- Phone Backgrounds– You’ll be able to set your swag to 100 and customize your in-game phone with a selection of different backgrounds.
In addition, a few other things have been fixed in the game as well, including the following:
- Bounty Hunter target buff– Targets in Bounty Hunter will be a little more difficult to kill, especially at the hands of police. We found that Bounty Hunter matches were ending too quickly, and this balancing change is intended to address that.
- Bounty Hunter leaderboard boost– Small increase in base leaderboard points for the target. Does not affect accumulated points (kills, escapes, etc.)
- Showd0wn– Improved match flow
Multiple crash fixes that are too boring and technical to waste anyone’s time explaining aaaaaaaand we’re done.
Gotta love the breakdown of other stuff as listed above. Hilarious.
The update should be available now, and will download automatically the next time you start up the game!