The odds of receiving the best prizes from Overwatch’s loot box system has been a point of concern with players since the game’s release with many wondering what exactly their chances were of getting the best possible loot. Those rarity percentages are slowly being revealed in different regions, and as the odds continue to match up, it’s looking like the results so far are a pretty solid indicator of what other regions can expect.
China was the first area where the loot box odds were revealed after a regulation passed in the country which forced all gaming companies operating in China to disclose exactly what the odds were of these loot systems. Blizzard complied back in May and gave up the first look for Overwatch players to see what their chances were of scoring an Epic or Legendary item. The exact odds for the Korean region, courtesy of InvenGlobal, match up exactly to those in the Chinese region and can be seen below:
- Each Loot Box will have at least one item of Rare or higher rarity.
- Approximately one in every 5.5 Loot Box will have an Epic item.
- Approximately one in every 13.5 Loot Box will have a Legendary item.
These Korean odds at the loot are identical to those that were revealed initially in China, a fact that indicates players can expect very similar odds elsewhere. Like before, these odds that are listed here are averages, not exact rates, but they’re still the best approximation that players can look for when calculating their chances at the best loot.
Blizzard isn’t the first company to release these types of odds for their loot systems as both League of Legends and Dota 2 have both done so in the past, but Blizzard has also unveiled the odds for more than just Overwatch loot. Below are two more of the companies games with their loot chances:
- Each card packs will have at least one card of Rare or higher rarity.
- Approximately one in every five card packs will have an Epic card.
- Approximately one in every twenty card packs will have a Legendary card.
* Chances of obtaining a card with higher rarity will increase for every card pack that did not have an Epic or Legendary card.
Heroes of the Storm
- One Loot Chest will contain approximately 2.9 Common items.
- One Loot Chest will contain approximately 1 Rare item.
- Approximately one in every 4.5 Loot Chest will contain an Epic item.
- Approximately one in every 17.5 Loot Chest will contain a Legendary item.
* Chances of higher rarity items will increase for every Loot Chest that did not contain an Epic or Legendary item.
* This does not apply to Loot Chests from events, progression system and rerolls.