The changes that are currently live on the PBE are part of the small-scale rework for Azir that’s been discussed several times recently. His update was recently said to hopefully go live during Patch
With buffs and nerfs that take away some range at the trade-off of more attack speed and damage potential, the following PBE notes are all of the changes that Azir’s set to receive
Base Stats and Conquering Sands (Q)
The base stats don't include too many sizeable changes, especially the HP regeneration stat that's being lowered, but they'll still likely be a bit more recognizable for long-time Azir players. Conquering Sands is Azir's vital tool when it comes to repositioning his soldiers, and the changes allow it to still keep its slow while taking away some of its ratios in return for more base damage.
- Base HP increased from 524.4 to 540
- HP regen lowered from 1.3848 to 1.38
- Base movespeed increased from 325 to 335
Conquering Sands (Q)
- AP ratio lowered from 50% to 30%
- Cast range lowered from 875 to 720
- Hit box increased to be ~70 units longer.
- Cooldown changed from 10/9/8/7/6 to 11/9.5/8/6.5/5
- Base Damage increased from 65/85/105/125/145 to 70/100/130/160/190
By summoning his soldiers and carefully positioning them, Azir can stand far back from minions and enemies to let his Sand Soldiers do his bidding. He now gets more attack speed when he has a certain number of soldiers up on the field, but he can’t attack wards
- Base STAB damage changed - increased at all levels but slightly reduced at level 18.
- New values: 60/62/64/66/68/75/80/85/95/105/115/125/135/145/155/165/175/185
- Per Level Soldier Stab Damage scaling - increased
- Recharge time lowered from 10/9/8/7/6 to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
- Cast range increased from 450 to 500
- Soldier duration increased from 9s to 10s
- Azir Basic Attack Command - "cast time reduced from 0.5s to 0.35s"
- Soldier Deactivation Range - "decreased from 800 to 660"
- Soldiers can no longer attack wards or trinkets.
- [new effect] grants Azir an additional 20/30/40/50/60% attack speed for 5 seconds whenever he summons or has 3 or more soldiers out on the field
Shifting Sands (E) and Emperor's Divide (R)
According to the changes that are currently listed on the PBE, Azir gets his shield a bit easier, the guard available immediately upon cast. It's duration is quite shorter now, only sticking around for 1 second, so timing is everything for Azir's one mobility spell.
But his ultimate won't be too difficult to get around after the update with the soldiers no longer completely blocking dashes or other movement. They'll still prevent enemies from crossing the wall while it's in motion, but after the charge is complete, they'll behave like normal, passable terrain.
Shifting Sands (E)
- Shield now has a 70% AP Ratio
- Azir's E now grants him a shield immediately.
- Shield duration has been lowered from 4 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Dash Speed has been reduced from 1700 to 1400.
- [new effect] if Azir hits an enemy champions, he halts his dash and instantly prepares a new Sand Soldier (W)
Emperor's Divide (R)
- Cooldown lowered from 140/120/110 to 120/105/90.
- Wall size increased from 4/5/6 soldiers to 5/6/7 soldiers
- "Wall Soldiers now only interrupt enemy dashes over them while the soldiers themselves are moving. After reaching their final destination, Soldiers now behave as normal terrain."