Whether or not there will be a Star Wars-themed Super Bowl commercial this year, one thing’s for sure: Star Trek Into Darkness will receive a thirty-second ad during the second quarter of the big game.
Paramount – The studio is running a 30 second spot for Brad Pitts’ upcoming zombie plaque film World War Z(released June 21, 2013) during the pre-game and a 30 second ad for the J.J. Abrams’ directed Star Trek Into Darkness (released May 17, 2013), during the second quarter of the game itself. The studio is also using the Super Bowl as a platform to launch its new app for the Star Trek movie.
The app, which we’ve already covered, also promises to be feature-rich and give fans clues to the movie’s mysteries, provide first looks at photos and video, etc. It will likely tie in with a viral campaign being waged by Abrams and company.
Highlights of the Star Trek Into Darkness app include:
• An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watchingStar Trek Into Darkness content on TV and other media;
• An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
• A geofencing function for location-based experiences;
• New Star Trek Into Darkness content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users’ mobile devices;
• Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users;
• One lucky sweepstakes winner will be rewarded with the grand prize of attending the Star Trek Into Darkness U.S. premiere.