Rob Liefeld, the creator of Marvel’s Deadpool, will celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Extreme Studios, the brand he launched during the foundation of Image Comics, with a celebratory limited signing in Orange, CA on March 30, 2017, at Big Red Comics In Orange, CA. The event will bring Liefeld together with 13 of the original Extreme Studio artists to sign a limited edition programs made especially for this one-off occasion as well as other Extreme Studios titles.
Liefeld left Marvel Comics in 1992 along with several other artists left who together formed Image Comics. Each of the co-founders created their own studio within the Image brand. Liefeld created Extreme Studios in Orange County, CA. Extreme Studios’ Youngblood #1 was the first comic released under the Image brand.
Extreme Studios became a major player in the comics industry, with a 5.78 market and books that regular outsold DC Comics and Marvel icons like Batman, the Justice League, and Spider-Man, as well as other Image studios like Jim Lee’s Wildstorm and Todd McFarlane’s TMP.
The creators who worked on the Extreme Studios family of comics, which included Youngblood, Brigade, Bloodstrike, Prophet, and Avengelyne, went on to find success working in comics, television, and video games over the past two decades, with credits that include work for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and Marvel Studios, Batman: The Animated Series, Ben 10, Robot Chicken, Con Man and Max Steele.
“I am beyond thrilled to be working together with these amazing artists as well as reuniting with them back together after 25 years,” said Liefeld in a statement. “I was fortunate to see the unique potential in each of these artists when they were just starting out and give many of them their very first, or their biggest break in the comics industry. Watching them build their impressive resumes over the years and help shape the entertainment industry for the past two decades has been one of the highlights of my 30-year career."
Artists Scheduled to Appear include:
- Jeff Matsuda – Extreme’s New Men/Kaboom - Producer and director of The New Adventures of Batman animated series, Jackie Chan Adventures and Wolverine for Marvel animation.
Dan Fraga – Extreme’s Brigade, Bloodstrike - Senior Producer/Director for Mattel's Max Steele, Monster High, Ricky Gervais Show
- Andy Park – Extreme's Avengelyne - Marvel Studios Visual Development Supervisor Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Shannon Denton - Extreme’s Youngblood, Brigade - Producer of Con Man, writer on Justice League Action, Ben 10, Avengers animated series.
- Chap Yaep – Extreme’s Youngblood, Warchild – Producer/director on Ben 10
- Todd Nauck - Extreme's New Men- Marvel’s X-Men, Deadpool, DC’s Young Justice
- Marat Mychaels - Extreme's Brigade- Marvel’s Deadpool Corps.
- Norm Rapmund - Extreme's Brigade - DC Comics Teen Titans, Flash
- Art Thibert - Extreme's Brigade - DC Comics Superman, Batman
- Danny Miki - Extreme's Youngblood, Bloodstrike, - DC Comics Batman.
- Matt Hawkins - Extreme's Avengelyne - Top Cow's Think Tank, Postal
- Dan Panosian - Extreme's Prophet - Marvel’s X-Men, Logan
- Karl Altstaetter - Extreme's Bloodstrike, - Senior Designer Mattel Toys, Mirror
The limited signing will take place from 5-8 p.m. at Big Red Comics in Orange, Calif. VIP Packages and exclusive commemorative comics for the signing can be purchased at Rob Liefeld's website and at the store on the day of signing.