Before Suicide Squad was a (bad) live-action movie, DC Comics enjoy the villain team's animated debut in the 2014 animated feature, Batman: Assault on Arkham. Well now the Squad is headlining their own DC Universe animated film titled Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay and now we officially know the celebrities that will be voicing this iteration of the Suicide Squad characters!
Here's the breakdown of the voice actors starring in Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (via THR):
- Christian Slater (Deadshot)
- Billy Brown (Bronze Tiger)
- Liam McIntyre (Captain Boomerang)
- Kristin Bauer van Straten (Killer Frost)
- Gideon Emery (Copperhead)
- Tara Strong (Harley Quinn)
- Vanessa Williams (Amanda Waller)
- C. Thomas Howell (Zoom)
- Dania Ramirez (Scandal Savage)
- James Urbaniak (Professor Pyg)
- Julie Nathanson (Silver Banshee)
- Jim Pirri (Vandal Savage and Vertigo)
- Greg Grunberg (Maxum Steel)
- Dave Fennoy (Blockbuster and Tobias Whale)
- Cissy Jones (Knockout)
- Natalie Lander (Darma)
- Trevor Devall (Punch)
- Dave Boat (Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
- Matthew Mercer (Savage Gunman)
Slater, Straten, and McIntyre will be familiar to fanboys and girls for their roles in shows like Mr. Robot, True Blood and The Flash (respectively); while voice actor Tara Strong is a DC animation icon. Most exciting of all is seeing Vanessa Williams join a long line of strong black actresses to play Amanda Waller (see also: Viola Davis, CCH Pounder, Yvette Nicole Brown, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, and Angela Bassett).
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay will be released sometime in 2018. It will be Rated R for strong bloody violence throughout, sexual content, brief graphic nudity and some drug material.