The new Playground Limited Time Mode in Fortnite is an incredible, albeit temporary, addition to the battle royale game that gives players the creative freedom to learn the craft of building while just overall having a good time in the map. Players have been taking their time learning how to build some pretty epic areas, but one duo decided to try to bring a little Mario Kart into Fortnite. There's no Princess Peach here, but there is an epic track that only gets better as the video goes on.
One Redditor jokingly commented that "this looks like a great way to ruin a friendship" - which, to be fair - sounds exactly like Mario Kart so we take that as a job well done! Although 'Brendon3485' has the right idea when he said, "Just wait for them to allow us to save presets and download em for personal use with featured game modes. I’m going to make one of the most epic duck hunt maps known to man!"
Haven't had a chance to check out the new Limited Time Mode? Here's what you need to know:
"Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!"
- You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
- Friendly Fire is on
- Players respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn't start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
That's not the only Limited Time Mode to be shared with the latest update either. Final Fight Teams of 12 details have also been shared, which isn't that far fetched from the usual way Battle Royale works - just on a much smaller scale:
Make it to the final circle and then fight for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the storm circles closing all the way in, they stop part way through the match.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the Final Countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
Hurry fast, though! It's not called a "Limited Time" Mode for giggles! The latest update is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and iOS devices! Interested in what else is new? Check out the full patch notes right here!