When creating the new map, the team behind PUBG said that
“The unique terrain and dense urban areas of Miramar will create a new Battle Royale experience where the old strategies may no longer work and new tactics are required,” an update from the team said.
Miramar has been teased several times before with new features such as vehicles and map-exclusive weapons being shown off, but the big reveal will come during The Game Awards when the map makes its gameplay debut. But before that reveal, the most recent PUBG announcement detailed some of the key locations that players will encounter in Miramar.
Several screenshots of the map can be seen in the included gallery, and some of the locations that you'll see in the images have been outlined in the descriptions below.
- The largest city in the region, Los Leones features ample shopping, a skyline filled with new construction, and a glorious, golden-hued City Center. Players should secure high vantage points by exploring the numerous construction sites, and loot for gear in the
cavernous,abandoned commercial buildings.
- El Pozo is a city known for its large industrial and entertainment districts. Players can test themselves against all comers in the Luchador Arena, put their motorcycle skills to the test In the death bowl, or hunt in the ruins of the long dead textile factories.
- Monte Nuevo is the picture of a town besieged. Ramshackle walls built to protect its residents now allow players ample cover to explore the well-stocked compound.
Valle del Mar0comments
- Valle del Mar is a colorful oceanside town bisected by the De Toro bridge. To the West of the bridge is a quaint school, and to the East, a beautiful church. The key to holding this town is bridge control, as it’s the only direct route between
mainlandand the island.
- The shipping and transport
capitolof Miramar, La Cobrería’s most prominent feature is it’senormous Rail Yard. Here, players will hunt and be hunted among the half-buried cargo of a long dead industry. Careful players should loot the schools and campuses that dot this town before attempting to hold the Yard.
- San Martín is located just west of Hacienda Del Patrón. Checkpoints and barriers have transformed this once-quiet small town into a war zone. Both sides of the town have
overlooks, so careful players should scout first, before charging into town.
- Once a tourist destination featuring the largest casino in the region, Pecado continues to thrill players to this day with its mix of high-value loot and dangerous sightlines. Aggressive players will immediately loot the Arena and Casino, but savvy players should check out the 4 story hotels between them.
- Chumacera is the husk of Miramar’s
once thrivingtextile industry. Long abandoned factories overlook a mainroad lined with residential and commercial buildings. Verticality in both the buildings and terrain make this town an exciting location to loot- high risk, high opportunity!
The new map will likely be