Unsurprisingly, there are a lot (A LOT) of mobile games trying to leech off the success of Pokemon Go. Most of them are made on the cheap by bottom-feeding mobile devs, and definitely don't feature any sort of recognizable characters or licenses. Well, that changes now, as that money-grubbing fat cat Garfield is getting into the Pokemon Go rip-off racket. Yes, that Garfield. The one from people's back windshields.
Here's how the makers of Garfield Go describe their work of art:
Garfield Go is now live! Garfield Go is a brand new augmented reality treasure hunt game, featuring everyone's favorite lasagna-loving cat! If you enjoy playing Pokemon Go, Munzee, or other location-based treasure hunting games, you'll love Garfield Go! Here's what sets our game apart from the others:
- Millions of locations to find Prizes worth real money redeemable at Amazon, Starbucks, Domino's Pizza and more
- Hundreds of Garfield comics to collect
- Hats and other clothing items to change up Garfield's look
- Fun minigames to earn free food
- Hilarious Garfield animations and voice recordings from Lorenzo Music, the original voice of Garfield
Okay, I'll admit, the fact that you find coupons for Domino's Pizza instead of cute monsters makes sense. Garfield doesn't give a crap about a Pigeotto, he wants pizza. Garfield Go may be soulless rip-off, but it's on brand. Also, you have to appreciate the Lorenzo Music clips – he's the one and only voice of Garfield, and I'll fight anybody who says different. You can check out some amazing Garfield Go gameplay at the top of this post.
Garfield Go is available now on iOS and Android. You can check out WWG's latest Pokemon Go coverage here.