While most soccer fans are no doubt looking forward to EA Sports’ FIFA 18 – which will be showcased next month during the company’s EA Play event – that’s not the only sim game in town. Konami is hard at work on the latest entry of its Pro Evolution Soccer series, and now we’ve got first details as to what we can expect from the follow-up.
The game, which has a current release date of September 12th (though that has yet to be confirmed) will have a number of features that soccer fans are sure to enjoy, including a new online co-op mode that’ll let you team up with others. Check out the feature breakdown below:
- Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivaled gameplay to the next level
- Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
- PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
- Online Co-op - A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added
- Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
- Master League Upgrade – New pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations, and functionality
- Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life
On top of that, it appears that the game will have two different pre-order bundles offered very soon, including a standard edition and a special FC Barcelona edition. They will include the following items:
- 2x Premium Partner Agents for myClub
- UCL Agent for myClub
- Exclusive Agent for myClub
- 4x Start Up Agents
- 1x Partner Club Agent
- 10,000 GP x 10 weeks
FC Barcelona Edition
- All of the Standard bundle bonuses
- 1x FCB Special Agent
- 1x FCB Legend Special Agent
- 1,000 myClub coins
- "More exclusive items"
We’ll more than likely get a closer look at the game next month, when Konami brings it to the Electronic Entertainment Expo alongside the action game Metal Gear Survive. Most of these details should be confirmed, but we’ll have more information as we get it.