Microsoft is swapping in a fresh batch of games for you to enjoy in August with Xbox Game Pass, and things are looking really good for subscribers. Dead Rising 3 is going to be the big headliner for most of you, but there are seven new games in all to enjoy. For those of you not in the know, Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that grants you unlimited access to over 100 fan-favorite Xbox One and Xbox 360 games for $10 a month. You don't stream these games like on PlayStation Now, you actually download them and play them straight from your console.
As mentioned, Dead Rising 3 is the big headliner in August, along with DiRT Rally. You can check out the hype trailer above for the lowdown on all of your new titles, but if you're short on time, we have your summary right here. All of these games go live on August 1:
Dead Rising 3
- When it comes to zombies, more is better and more zombies you will get with Dead Rising 3 making its way to Xbox Game Pass! Play as Nick Ramos and explore a wide-open world of obsessive-compulsive, flesh-eating undead. Craft crazy weapons on the fly and create new, innovative ways to rally your zombie kill counter into the tens of thousands. Take on the apocalypse solo, or team up with a friend to conquer Los Perdidos and unlock each alternative ending. If you’ve already played through Dead Rising 3, see if you can do it again this Summer in Nightmare Mode!
Action and Thrills
- Leading the way in August is Codemasters’ off-road racing gem, DiRT Rally. If you’re a fan of racing, rally racing, or just plain getting dirty in an automobile, stop what you’re doing and start downloading this game on August 1. With nearly 20 different cars from the 1960s through modern day, 36 stages, and everything from mud to ice and sand, there are plenty of ways to get your turns in. Push for the winner’s circle in Rallycross or take down friends and online foes in one of several multiplayer modes. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but it’s made much easier with over 20 tutorials and your co-driver’s ongoing instructions throughout each race. Be brave and race on!
- Sprint, dodge, and fight your way through ancient Egypt in Pharaonic, a single-player 2D sidescrolling action RPG. Engage allies, battle enemies, and avoid the many traps and pitfalls on your quest to find the Red Pharaoh. Enjoy the terrific environments and level design, but stay on the ready, as you never know what Pharaonic has for waiting for you around the next turn. Don’t miss this one in August!
Metal Slug XX
- The action-packed Arcade classic Metal Slug is back with Metal Slug XX. Breeze through the chaos and excitement of all seven levels on easy, or gear up for a challenge and try to beat the game on Hard mode. Go solo or team with a friend for an old school couch co-op adventure. If you’ve played Metal Slug 3 in Xbox Game Pass, you won’t want to miss Metal Slug XX. And if you haven’t played Metal Slug 3, what are you waiting for?! Get shootin’!
- Also coming to Xbox Game Pass this month is the exciting indie platform shooter, Ultratron. Use the right stick to aim, shoot, and destroy wave after wave of ill-tempered robots. Death is unforgiving in Ultratron, sending you back to square one without mercy. With a deep RPG progression system, you can strategically use the cash you collect to replenish your health, build up your powers, and become an unstoppable force of robo-destruction. See if you can shoot your way past Level 10 in your first half hour of play. Just keep an eye on the clock – Ultratron will suck you in before you know it!
Strange and Alluring
An award-winning story not to be missed this summer, Playdead’s Limbo is an epic 2D puzzle-platforming adventure sure to keep you engaged from beginning to end. You assume the role of a nameless young boy who awakens in the middle of a deep, dark forest, and must set off on a journey to find his lost sister. Navigate your way through this black & white artistic masterpiece, solving puzzles and avoiding various dangers as you try to find a way out of the forest and into the light.0comments
So Many Me
Meet Filo. He’s cute, he’s cuddly, and he’s about to clone himself again in So Many Me, a super unique and engaging platform coming in August from our friends at Origi Games. Every level in So Many Me tasks you with solving three complex puzzles, which is a mission made easier as you acquire new and different power-ups. As you progress, the puzzles only get more challenging, making each solution that much sweeter to discover. Throw in a fun and witty storyline and you have another hidden gem just waiting to be found in Xbox Game Pass in August.prev