Today, LEGO unveiled the 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City LEGO set as part of the Star Wars Master Builder Series line. The set clocks in at 2812 pieces and includes an astounding 18 minifigures and 2 droids. There's also four sections that will allow you to recreate scenes from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
The set will be available to the general public for $349.99 starting on October 1st, but VIPs can purchase it right here starting on September 13th. Signing up is easy (and free) so there's no reason to wait for the general release. The same goes for the epic Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle set which is available to order for VIPs right now ahead of a September 1st launch.
Betrayal at Cloud City includes a landing platform complete with Boba Fett's Slave I, a landing platform for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, promenade for Stormtrooper battles, a dining room with seating for 5 minifigures, a garbage processing room with incinerator, carbon freeze chamber with Han Solo carbonite freezing action, an interrogation chamber, and a prison cell. Naturally, there's also a balcony for dramatic, plot-twisting Luke vs. Vader lightsaber duels.
The figure lineup includes Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker in Bespin outfits, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Lando Calrissian, Lobot, 2 Cloud City Guards, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Leia and Han in Hoth outfits, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, 2 Stormtroopers and an Ugnaught, plus R2-D2 and an IG-88 droid.
The official lineup of features reads:
- Section 1 features a landing platform with a sliding entrance door and Boba Fett's Slave I ship with an opening minifigure cockpit, movable wings and space underneath to store the Han in carbonite element.
- Section 2 features a dining room with a table, seats for 5 minifigures and a decorative Cloud City micro build; lounge with a transparent sculpture and 2 chairs; garbage processing room with an incinerator, conveyor belt and a deactivated IG-class droid; and a promenade with tree sculpture, mural relief and opening doorways leading to other parts of the model.
- Section 3 features a sensor balcony with railing and swing-out function, plus a maintenance cabin with opening round window for epic Lightsaber duels, plus a carbon freeze chamber with lever-activated 'freeze' function.
- Section 4 features a dark-red corridor leading to the interrogation chamber with a turning interrogation chair, plus a prison cell, hangar with a secret trapdoor and tool & weapon rack, and space for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car with opening minifigure cockpits and 2 stud shooters.
- New-for-October-2018 minifigure details include Leia's red dress, Han's Corellian blood stripe, Luke's dark-tan Dagobah outfit, the Ugnaught's head decoration and the cloud car pilots.
- Weapons include Han's blaster pistol, Chewbacca's bowcaster, Luke's Lightsaber, Vader's Lightsaber, Boba Fett's blaster rifle, IG-88's blaster rifle, 5 blaster pistols and 4 blasters.
- Accessory elements include a wrench, handcuffs and Lobot's cybernetic band.
- Pull the carbon freeze chamber lever to pretend freeze Han in carbonite!
- Cloud City measures over 6" (16cm) high, 22" (58cm) wide and 22" (56cm) deep.
- Slave I measures over 4" (11cm) high, 7" (19cm) long and 7" (18cm) wide.
Keep tabs on comicbook.com/approved for more info on new products, deals, and collectibles!
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.