Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker comes to Bu-ray in March. Lucasfilm released a new trailer for the film's home media release that reveals some major plot points from the film. The trailer, embedded below, implies the familial relationship between Rey and Emperor Palpatine (though that relationship is more complicated than the film suggests). The trailer also reveals one of the final shots of the film, in which Rey takes the Skywalker name as her own. It seems that Lucasfilm and Disney feel safe in assuming that anyone who has strong feelings about spoilers has seen the film by this point.
Even if you've seen the film, the Blu-ray comes with plenty of bonus materials. According to the official press release, "Bonus material includes a feature-length, making-of documentary, which goes behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and explores the legacy of the Skywalker saga. Bonus features also dig into the film's Pasaana desert scenes, including the thrilling landspeeder chase, and the ship in which Rey discovers family secrets as well as a new little droid named D-O. Plus, fans will hear from Warwick Davis, who reprises his role as Wicket the Ewok, as well as the creature effects team that created a record 584 creatures and droids for the film. Digital consumers will receive an exclusive feature highlighting legendary composer John Williams, who has scored every episode in the Skywalker saga.
The final chapter of the #Skywalker Saga comes home! Be one of the first to get Star Wars: #TheRiseOfSkywalker on Digital 3/17 & Blu-ray 3/31! Pre-order now: https://t.co/m6TQdmziiM pic.twitter.com/1y0NWAirVL— Star Wars (@starwars) March 8, 2020
Bonus features include:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie's epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy's newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film's memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- The Maestro's Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker."
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker comes to Digital HD on March 17th. It lands on Blu-ray on March 31st.