Psyonix has plenty of big things planned for Rocket League in just a few short weeks, and fans are sure to be delighted with what’s being offered – especially if they’re the competitive type.
The company discussed all the changes that are coming to the game with the Autumn Update, which arrives on September 28th (estimated), but let’s break them down, piece by piece:
- Farmstead Arena – First off, there’s a new space where you can try and score goals, and it’s…down on the farm? Yep, you’ll actually do battle in a rain-covered arena that’s surrounded by a bunch of farm stuff, including a barn, a silo, and maybe even a few barnyard folk gathering around to watch you score some of them new-fangled goals. This arena is seasonal only, so play it while it lasts!
- Wasteland Arena – Perhaps the farm life isn’t for you, and you prefer something on the post-apocalyptic side of things? That’s where the Wasteland comes in. It takes place in an arena that looks like it’s seen better days, with a destroyed roof, warped floor and fires as far as the eye can see. Granted, you’ll be too busy scoring to be taken up too much by the surroundings, so just have fun with it!
- Starbase Arc Arena – Maybe you prefer something futuristic with your scoring in Rocket League. No problem, as Psyonix has an arena for that as well with the Starbase Arc. Taking place in a futuristic city with an arena that has a light-up floor, the Starbase looks pretty amazing.
- Transparent Goalposts – Fans have been asking for this for a while, so they can keep a better eye on the ball and avoid “surprise” goals that could come into play. Fortunately, they’re coming with the new update. But they’re completely optional, in case you prefer the older style of posts. Just turn them on and off in the menu.
- Banners – Yep, you’ll finally be able to create a custom banner for your vehicle within the game, so you can add some style to your nameplate that matches your car style and topper.
- 90 Free Items – Expect a lot of new stuff to be added to the game, including streamer-like car trails, avocado toppers (yes, avocados, you veggie freaks) and even more items to choose from. Again, ALL FREE.
- Competitive Season 6 Begins – It’s time for the start of a new season in Rocket League, as some of the best players out there will gather to see who rules the arena!
That’s quite an update, and Psyonix has promised even more features to come down the road, which we’ll come back around to when the time is right.