Fans are loving the badass Batmobile that's set to debut in Matt Reeves' upcoming The Batman film starring Robert Pattinson. The question is, do you love it enough to spend $500 on a high-end remote-control replica from Mattel? After seeing the model and the specs, you might be tempted to pick it up when it goes on sale today, October 20th. Everything you need to know is available right here.
Much like they did with Tesla's R/C Cybertruck, Mattel is offering a 1:10 scale vehicle for collectors that's loaded with features. This includes movie accurate details (including a full interior), a working suspension, light and sound effects, a removable 6-inch Batman figure, a diorama plinth of the Batcave with a Bat-Signal light-show switch, and more. Here's the full breakdown:
- Specs: 5.3in (H) x 19.5in (L) x 9.6in (D)
- Charge Time: 3 hours
- Play Time: 20-25 minutes
- Top Speed: 13-15 mph
- Remote-control replica of the hero vehicle of The Batman franchise, features a true-to-movie sculpt and deco that's both sleek and stealth just like the Caped Crusader himself
- This replica features rear-wheel drive with a real, working suspension
- Full-function remote control has a pistol-grip and wheel steering for maximum precision when driving
- Water vapor and color-change LEDs provide an authentic rear-jet glow as The Batman Batmobile speeds into the darkness
- Interior features three-dimensional lighted instrumentation, a steering wheel and shifter that moves as appropriate and full detailed seats for ultimate collectability
- Removable 6" Batman action figure comes seated in the driver's seat and can be positioned to "drive" the vehicle as if moving the steering wheel and shifting gears
- Comes with a plinth that's straight out of the Batcave - push the Bat-Signal to illuminate the monitors and initiate a fully scripted light show with additional visual and audio effects
Pre-orders for The Hot Wheels Ultimate Edition R/C The Batman Batmobile will be available here at Mattel Creations starting today, October 20th at 9am PT / 12pm ET. Afterwards, expect many of the pre-orders to be available here on eBay. This will likely be your only option after it sells out. Additional images are available below.
If Mattel follows the same path as the Cybertruck, they could launch a less expensive 1:10 scale R/C version of The Batman Batmobile at some point in the future. Stay tuned. In the meantime, you might want to check out The Batman action figures from McFarlane Toys that were released for FanDome 2021 this past weekend.