The free login period will give you four days of gameplay, but the timer starts when you log in for the first time, so you’ll have to carve out some free time before logging in if you’re hoping to get the most out of the free login campaign. There are a few stipulations – you have to already own the game and registered for the online service beforehand and your registered account must have been inactive for at least 30 days prior – but if you meet those qualifications, you can play online with few strings attached.
The campaign started on Dec. 1, but it runs all the way until Jan. 4, so even if you missed the first couple of days, you’ve got more than enough time to catch up on Final Fantasy 14 if you’ve been away from the game for a while. If you’re planning on participating in the free trial, Square Enix included a couple of extra notes worth paying attention to:
- The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix
user nameand password.
- Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2,
2017at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2017at 11:59 p.m.
- Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
- Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate
ifat least one of the accounts is currently active.
- Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
- Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of
- Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
- Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
- When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.