Ever since Batman: Arkham Origins was released last week, some users have been complaining about technical problems that they have experienced while playing the game. Warner Bros. has heard the complaints, and WB Games has issued a statement both apologizing, as well as assuring fans that they are working to fix the glitches with the game.
Here is a copy of the statement from WB Games that was posted in the forums on the official Batman: Arkham Origins website.
"Hello, We'd like to sincerely thank everyone who has joined us since the launch of the game. We appreciate the fan support and also want to thank all the people in the field who have sent us their saved games as they have been invaluable in helping us identify the problems.
It has come to our attention that there are issues that are negatively impacting the experience for some players. The team has been working around the clock to review, validate and pinpoint the problems that have been reported and we have identified three main issues which we are tackling first, and are listed below. For these issues, we expect the software update to be available within the next week. Rest assured, we are continuing to monitor all channels for other issues that players are experiencing and will release additional updates as they become available.
1) Infinite Falling/Falling Out Of World – All platforms - Some players have been stuck in an endless loop of falling, making it impossible to complete certain missions and progress through the single-player campaign. We believe we have identified the issue and are currently testing the software update, which will push most players back to their previous save so that they will not be stuck in an infinite loop.
2) Unable To Continue Story – All Platforms - Some players can see their story progress in the main menu, but once they choose the story slot they don’t see an option to “Continue” and only “New Game” shows up. This issue should be resolved and the “Continue” option will once again be available.
3) FreeFlow Focus mode not unlocking upon reaching “Shadow Vigilante” rank 3 will be fixed – All Platforms - Specific to the PC, an update that addresses the above issues, as well as the following, recently went live:
1) Fix for progression blocker keeping some players from navigating through the vent in the Burnley tower.
We have not yet solved the following rare issues and are continuing to investigate.
1) Corrupted Saves – Xbox 360 only - Players have reported losing their saved game to data corruption. Specifically, when you try to choose a story slot to continue, it says “Corrupted” and if you select it, an error message appears which says, “The save is corrupt. Please delete it.” We believe we know what is causing this and need a few more days to validate before pushing a patch through.
2) Ongoing Crashing/Freezing Issues – Xbox 360 only - Players have reported recurring crashing and freezing while playing the game. We have been working hard to track down and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. We believe we know what is causing these issues and need a few more days to validate before pushing this patch through. In the meantime, some players have managed to avoid the freezing by disconnecting their console from the Internet while playing.0comments
NOTE: Your console or PC must be connected to the Internet in order to receive any updates. When connected, the updates will be automatically applied when you start up the game while connected to PlayStation Network, Xbox Live or Steam.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve the issues."