With that, the company has begun compiling its Best or Most of 2017 lists, including game trailers, and it’s already listed the ones that have made the biggest impact this year.
Surprisingly enough, a Clash of Clans clip has managed to top the list, with the Hog Rider 360-degree supported clip scoring 58 million views, according to VentureBeat. The only other trailer that came close to that was the premiere reveal trailer for Call of Duty: WWII, which racked up 21.8 million views since it arrived earlier in the year. (That’s a nice change of pace from the negative three million votes last year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer got.)
There were some interesting trailers that made the top ten, including a new one for Despicable Me: Minion Rush, as well as a Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 trailer.
But there were also some popular favorites, including Square Enix’s announcement of the Marvel’s Avengers project with 8.7 million views (not bad for a trailer that didn’t include any gameplay), Grand Theft Auto Online: Smuggler’s Run with 10.8 million views; and the first Star Wars: Battlefront II Official Gameplay Trailer with 14.2 million views.
You can find the full top ten below, along with respective links so you’ll be able to see them all in action. We’ll have to see what popular games make the ranks by this time next year!
- Clash of Clans: Hog Rider 360° [58.0 million views]
- Official Call of Duty: WWII Reveal Trailer [21.8 million views]
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush – Google Play Trailer [18.4 million views]
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer [14.2 million views]
- Destiny 2 – “Rally the Troops” Worldwide Reveal Trailer [12.9 million views]
- Minecraft: Better Together Update is now live! Togetherness ACTIVATED! [11.8 million views]
- Halo Wars 2: War of Wits: The Sale [11.3 million views]
- GTA Online: Smuggler’s Run Trailer [10.8 million views]
- The Avengers Project - Announcement Trailer [8.7 million views]
- PES 2017 - Mobile Launch Trailer [8.6 million views]