Star Trek Into Darkness
finally rolled out their app, which Paramount Pictures describes as the "first of its kind," on the App Store and Google Play today, so that mobile device users can download it in preparation for Sunday's Super Bowl, when the first exclusive content will be released. Based on J.J. Abrams' upcoming Paramount Pictures film, the app will give users access to a ton of content, "as well as the opportunity to participate in missions and win valuable prizes." The app, developed in cooperation with Qualcomm, will allow users to delve deeper into the Star Trek universe by interacting directly with materials from the upcoming film to unlock additional content and experiences. The users collect points, see content, and work their way through the Star Trek Academy. The app was first announced on January 7th, 2013 at the Consumer Electronic Show, during Qualcomm's Chairman and CEO Dr. Paul E. Jacobs' keynote address demonstrating the ability to "harness the power of the smartphone to bridge the digital and physical world, allowing the studio to market the film in the real world and simultaneously bring users into the film's story and world." Highlights of the app include:
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content on TV and other media;
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- New "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
- Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users.
Comicbook.com has already been through the first week worth of missions, so be sure to check out our Star Trek Into Darkness App cheats that contain all the images and sounds that you will need to rise in the Starfleet ranks quickly.0comments