Because Star Wars can't let Star Trek have anything cool all to itself, the Empire went and stole their awesome stackable coaster idea and replaced the Enterprise with the Death Star.
Let me explain. Yesterday, a set of Star Trek coasters were released that feature a section of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 rendered in a style that mimics a technical drawing. When stacked, the coasters form a 3D model of the ship that you can examine layer by layer. Now there's a Star Wars version with the Death Star. The Empire works quickly, but this whole thing might blow up in their face spectacularly.
Note: If you purchase one of the awesome products featured here, we may earn a commission.
The Death Star coaster set is available to order here, and consists of nine glass coasters that feature a cross-section of the Death Star, increasing in size and then decreasing to create a 3D effect. So if you were planning on looking for Death Star weaknesses, they've laid the plans out for you to examine over a beer or two. Somebody in the Galactic Empire marketing department is going to get Force choked. Check out the full list of specs below along with a gallery of additional images.
• Star Wars Death Star Coaster Set
• Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
• A ThinkGeek exclusive from our friends at Vandor
• 9 piece coaster set with cross-sections from the Death Star
• When stacked, you can see the Death Star in 3D
• Rubber feet keep the coasters from scratching your table
• Design is printed on the underside so your drink doesn't scratch it
• Materials: Glass
• Care Instructions: Hand wash only
• Dimensions: 4" square x 1/4" thick (entire stack is 2 1/4" tall)
• Weight: 3 oz.