Now that May is almost done, Amazon's Prime Gaming has officially announced the new titles that will be available for free to Amazon Prime subscribers in June 2022. Free games and other in-game loot are a regular feature of Prime Gaming, though availability tends to rotate on a monthly basis. In total, June 2022 will see six different video games available to claim in the form of Far Cry 4, Escape from Monkey Island, Astrologaster, Across the Grooves, Calico, and WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship.
As with other similar subscription services, there are some caveats with Amazon's Prime Gaming. They require an Amazon Prime subscription to claim, most important, and these are PC-only titles. They're also only available for a limited time and, depending on the specific video games, digital platforms like Origin could be required.
Here's how Amazon's Prime Gaming describes the titles available in June:
- Far Cry 4: Take on the role of Ajay Ghale and travel to Kyrat, a country soaked in tradition and violence, as players attempt to fulfill his mother's dying wish while getting caught up in a civil war along the way.
- Escape from Monkey Island: As Guybrush Threepwood and Elaine Marley return from their honeymoon, they're met with a mysterious stranger, Charles L. Charles, who organizes a campaign to steal Guybrush's title of governor. Explore exotic islands and solve mystifying puzzles on your quest to return things to the way they once were in Escape from Monkey Island™, the fourth in the legendary Monkey Island series of graphic adventures!
- Astrologaster: Laugh your way through Shakespeare's London as players take on the role of 'Doctor' Simon Forman who treats his patients using the peak of modern medicine, astrology.
- Across the Grooves: Travel across European cities, meeting colorful characters and solving the mystery of Alice's destiny by drastically changing her reality and allowing her to explore alternative destinies by modifying her past.
- Calico: Embark on rebuilding the town's cat café in this day-in-the-life community sim game, filling it with cute and cuddly creatures! Build up the café by filling it with furniture, fun decorations, yummy pastries and get it bustling with animals again.
- WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship: Zip through 14 countries on 100 tracks as players enjoy the most complete and authentic official WRC simulation yet, equipped with new physics for all surfaces, a completely redesigned career mode, dynamic weather conditions and more.
As noted above, Far Cry 4, Escape from Monkey Island, Astrologaster, Across the Grooves, Calico, and WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship are set to be available via Prime Gaming starting on June 1st. That's in addition to various in-game loot various video games. Prime Gaming, more generally, is part of the larger Amazon Prime subscription. You can check out all of our previous coverage of Amazon's Prime Gaming right here.
Are you excited by any of the new Prime Gaming freebies? What have you thought about the service recently? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to reach out and hit me up directly over on Twitter at @rollinbishop in order to talk about all things gaming!0comments