Daybreak Game Company, the developer team most recently known for their work on H1Z1, is hiring and for quite a few positions! Most notably, however, is many of those are for an "unannounced project" and are worded in a way that definitely has our attention.
Below is the listing for Combat Designer, with the other positions such as Animator, Gameplay Designers, and more listed here:
DAYBREAK GAME COMPANY
Position: Combat Designer
Location: Austin, TX
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing massively multiplayer roleplaying games, with a key focus on the design, creation, and maintenance of combat systems.
From Pre-production to Final Release and Live Operations:
• Collaborate with the Lead Designer to design and document multiplayer, RPG, action-based game systems
• Create NPC AI and action combat mechanics
• Create Player gear, weapons, and thematic combat mechanics
• Create fun, AAA quality designs in a fast-paced, iterative environment while utilizing a hugely popular IP
• Direct experience creating and supporting multiplayer RPG combat systems
• Successfully contributed to the combat systems of a AAA game
• Extremely self-motivated, flexible and with strong documentation and communication skills
• Superior ability to construct abilities and mechanics that interact dynamically and drive exciting Metas
• A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
• Action and MMO game development experience
• Current-gen console (PS4, XBox One) development experience
• Programming experience
• User interface creation experience
• Experience in an early development environment
• Unreal 4 system design experience
On NeoGAF, some members joked that it was going to be Everquest Battle Royale, blending the H1Z1 game genre type with that of their previous MMORPG, which is a staple in the MMORPG world of gaming and has inspired many titles since its release.
There hasn't been any confirmation from the studio about what the new title could entail, so for now we just have to spread the good word of potential jobs while we find out the scoop!