Deep Silver couldn't wait to share the good news about their highly anticipated Metro Exodus title! Revealed with a new trailer with a haunting sequence by Alexey Omelchuck, the team shared the good news that Metro Exodus has not only gone gold, but it's also getting an earlier release date!
Originally slated for a February 22 release, the team seemed to be ahead of schedule and made it work for a February 15 release instead! What better way to unwind after Valentine's Day than fighting for survival in this post-apocalyptic world?
Take your first look at the haunting title sequence set to an original score by composer Alexey Omelchuk.December 13, 2018
For those that choose to pre-order Metro Exodus for Xbox One, the game also comes with a remastered version of the title that started it all: Metro 2033 Redux. There are currently three versions that can be pre-purchased: the regular, the Gold, and the Collectors. The Gold Edition comes with the expansion pass, so for those that know they are going to be in the survival experience for the long-haul, it's a pretty sweet deal. The Collectors Edition comes with a Spartan dog tag, post cards, and a sweet statue!
Excited for the new adventure? Metro Exodus launches on February 15th of next year. For more about the game itself:
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion - a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game
- Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat