We're just a few months way from the debut of the Pokken Tournament series on Nintendo Switch, following its successful stint on the Wii U a while back. And to celebrate the game's forthcoming release, two new trailers have arrived for the game, featuring all new gameplay footage.
Now, the trailers are in Japanese, so they might be a little hard to comprehend in terms of details. But you do get a glimpse at a majority of characters featured in the game, as well as a hint of new features to come.
You'll see the first trailer above, and the other one below this story, and they're worth checking out, especially if you're a fan.
If you need a breakdown of features, though, not to worry – Nintendo has provided those.
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch– Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter– Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon– Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode– Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent's Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode– Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges– Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays– Hone your skills by watching other players' replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle– All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
This looks like a lot fun, and the new features promise to be big for Nintendo Switch owners, which will help create a new audience for the game. We can't wait to get into a few local matches when the game makes its way to the system on August 22nd. We'll have full coverage at that time, along with other vital information!