Axiom Verge Getting A Physical Release Next Week For PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PS Vita
We know we’ve been talking about Axiom Verge for a while now, but can you blame us? This one-man [...]
We know we've been talking about Axiom Verge for a while now, but can you blame us? This one-man project from Tom Happ, alongside the team at BadLand Games, has become one of the most explosive Metroid clones out there, with plenty of original weapons and enemies to take on. Good news – you'll soon be able to secure your physical copy.
BadLand has officially announced that Axiom Verge will finally release in physical form for PlayStation 4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch on November 21st. Furthermore, it will be available in two different versions – a standard edition, and a Multiverse edition.
The standard edition will just be the game by itself, whereas the Multiverse version will include a number of goodies:
- 5-hours of behind-the-scenes documentary content on Blu-ray produced by 2 Player Productions
- Axiom Vergeart book
- 2-sided poster
- CD soundtrack (Nintendo Switch version only)
Note: If you purchase one of the awesome products featured below, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.
Retailers should have the game available for pre-order now, so you can secure your very own copy next week. Currently, Amazon Prime members can save 20-percent when they pre-order. Here's a rundown of the features, in case you need a refresher:
- Explore an expansive non-linear alien world with more than 900 unique, interlocking rooms.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Battle with nearly 70 unique creatures and gigantic screen-filling bosses.
- "Glitches" now allow you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
The game was previously released as a digital title for various platforms, and has garnered critical acclaim amongst fans and reviewers alike. It's also sold quite well, prompting the team at BadLand to give the game a try in retail form. It'll certainly make a great stocking stuffer for fans, that's for sure.
Axiom Verge is available now as a digital release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, PC, Wii U and Nintendo Switch.0comments