Star Wars Themed Goal Masks Released By Bauer Hockey
Bauer Hockey has announced a line of five Star Wars themed goal masks that are now available at retail outlets. "For as long as goal masks have been worn in hockey, there has been an evolution of incredible artwork that showcases the goalie and the team's heritage and provides inspiration in preparation for battle on the ice," said Greg Goyer, Category General Manager for Goalie Product at Bauer Hockey. "Given the film's unique and global following, we're excited to offer the series of Star Wars themed goal masks as the next chapter in the history of goal mask battle paint." Each of the five masks, which took two years to produce, features a different character from the Star Wars saga. Each design comes on Baur NME3 goal masks. Here's the official description of each:
- LUKE SKYWALKER Goal Mask: With designs from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, this goal mask features X-Wing pilot Luke Skywalker equipped for battle on the ice planet of Hoth, the location of the Rebel Alliance base.
- SHOCK TROOPERS Goal Mask: This goal mask features designs of the Galactic Empire ground force, the Shock Troopers, and brings to life the fiery volcanic world of Mustafar, the location of the legendary battle between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- YODA Goal Mask: Yoda, one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in Galactic history, is featured on this goal mask poised to duel, armed with his lightsaber while channeling the Force.
- BOBA FETT Goal Mask: The notorious bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is featured on this goal mask in battle in his customized Mandalorian armor firing his blaster rifle and in-flight with his Z-6 jetpack engaged. The Mandalorian symbol is displayed on the center of the mask, just above the wire facial cage.
- DARTH VADER Goal Mask: The Emperor's dark enforcer, Darth Vader, is featured on this goal mask in his infamous black armor and in battle with his lightsaber in hand. The Galactic Empire Imperial symbol is displayed on the center of the mask, just above the wire facial cage.