Before construction gets underway for Star Wars Land, which will begin during 2016 at Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida, both parks will feature a new Star Wars-themed experience: "Season of the Force." The new attractions will open up in Disneyland on November 16th, but as of right now there are no details as to when the attractions will be available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Below are details provided by Disney Parks Blog:
Star Wars Launch Bay - This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more. Here’s a look inside!
Choose Your Destiny with Special Character Experiences
- Dark Side – Encounter one of the most iconic villains from Star Wars, Darth Vader.
- Light Side – Fly casual at this makeshift Rebel base, and meet the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
Explore the Dark and the Light in Themed Galleries
- Dark Side Gallery – Get a look at authentic pieces of stormtrooper armor as well as famous Sith lightsabers once wielded by masters of the dark side.
- Light Side Gallery – Explore a gallery filled with Rebel flight helmets and lightsabers once wielded by Jedi Knights.
- Preview Gallery – See props from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Starship Gallery – Discover models of famous starships and their pilots from throughout the Star Wars saga.
Join the Battle in the Star Wars Game Center – Play the latest games from the Star Wars galaxy, including Disney Infinity 3.0 – featuring park-exclusive Toy Box levels.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple - Coming in December, experience a twist on the Jedi Training experience when you will encounter new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney XD series, Star Wars Rebels.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue - This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Hyperspace Mountain – Climb aboard a reimagined Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle.
- Revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Try new themed food.
As for Star Wars Land, the new 14-acre attraction will force Disneyland to temporarily close (starting January 10th): Disneyland Railroad (all 4 stations), Fantasmic! show, the Mark Twain Riverboat, the Sailing Ship Columbia, the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and the Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.
Check out our gallery below to see concept art and a poster for "Season of the Force."
Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters December 18, 2015