Ahoy, faithful readers! Welcome back for another installment of the weekly hot list, your place for the biggest books and stories that will be hitting comic book retailers’ shelves this Wednesday. Hopefully you didn’t break the bank buying all that discount, clearance Easter candy yesterday, as you’ll need a little extra cash to pick up all the must-have books on this week’s list. So go ahead, clear a space amongst all the leftover Easter grass, candy wrappers and various beans of the jelly variety so you can hunker down and read this week’s hot comics!
1. Batwoman #8 One of the most lauded books of the new 52 returns with Batwoman facing down more odd villains in the dark of Gotham Harbor
2. Batgirl #8 Villain Grotesque has his eyes on Batgirl, as he attempts to add her to his collection of finery. Plus, a never before learned Gordon family secret!
3. Green Lantern #8 Part two of the journey to the Indigo Tribe’s homeland, and a frightening secret is learned. Come on, you think I’m going to tell you here?
4. Resurrection Man #8 It’s a race across America as Mitch Shelley, as he attempts to figure out who’s following him, and oh yeah, the Suicide Squad guests next month!
5. Superboy #8 Superboy continues to unravel the mystery that is himself, and now he faces metahuman Grudge to boot!
6. Batman and Robin #8 NoBody’s fate is unveiled here, as the “Born to Kill” story arc comes to a violent conclusion.
7. Mister Terrific #8 Another of the new 52 breathes its last in this final issue. A series I, personally, hate to see go.
1. Captain America #10 The “Powerless” arc ends here, and hopefully the mystery as to why Cap is losing his power will be revealed!
2. Fantastic Four #605 Another leap to the future this issue, as the FF from 3030 appear with a glimpse, again, of what’s to come.
3. Secret Avengers #25 Spies, near death, adaptoids, robotic evolution and so much more!
4. The Mighty Thor #1 Another solo series for the Asgardian god of thunder is here with his life not at its best.
5. Uncanny X-Men #10 More galactic misadventures as Unit takes a devious interest in Hope.
6. Winter Soldier #4 How many other comics this month can boast its hero fighting a gun-toting ape?
7. Wolverine #304 Wolvie goes on the offense against Sabretooth, and Mystique makes an appearance in Jason Aaron’s final issue.
8. Avenging Spider-Man #6 Spider-Man, Punisher and Daredevil are all on board for this rollicking adventure across Manhattan.
Dark Horse Comics
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #8 Buffy needs help, and of all people Andrew just might the one to give it to her.
2. Orchid #6 Orchid and Simon don’t have much time to save one of the final symbols of any hope they might have.
3. Alabaster: Wolves #1 A new series with a ferocious, female monster hunter at the center starts here!
4. Conan the Barbarian #3 Passion and danger await, as Conan and pirate queen Belit embark on a, ahem, joint venture.
1. America’s Got Powers #1 A new six-issue series begins here. Think The Hunger Games mixed with America’s got Talent
2. Glory #25 Why don’t we go ahead and jump to Mars, 500 years in the future.
3. Secret #1 Two governments hang in the balance as a series of international incidents happen and secrets trickle out.
4. Haunt #23 New York City better be ready, because the Kilgore brothers are back in town!
5. ’68 Scars #1 A nightmarish journey into the hell of the Vietnam War begins here in this four-issue mini.
1. Rich Johnston’s Iron Muslim Talk about your satire! Striking fear into the hearts of American’s is the Iron Muslim. You’ll have to read this one to believe it!
2. Hellraiser Annual #1 This issue’s first year culminates here, as the secrets of the Cinobites are revealed here.
3. Adventure Time #3 What else can I say, winning!!!