The Amazing Spider-Man’s Spidery Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
By popular demand (okay, so it was a couple of people on our Facebook page, and they might have been sarcastic), we’re bringing you the most filling of all of the special features from the forthcoming home video release of The Amazing Spider-Man.
Is it also the most random “special feature” ever included with the video release of a major motion picture? Probably so, but what the heck.
This recipe seems particularly well-suited to Halloween, which will have passed before the film ever comes out on DVD and Blu-ray, so enjoy!
Spidery Peanut Butter Cookies
(recipe provided by Skippy Peanut Butter)
Makes: 5 1/2 dozen
Prep: 45 minutes
Bake: 12 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Skippy Natural Creamy or Super Chunk Peanut Butter Spread
- 12 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! all-purpose sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! All Purpose Sticks in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange cookies on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Decorate, if desired, to look like spiders.
- If decorating like spiders, press a mini peanut butter cup into top of each cookie while still warm. When chocolate starts to helt, attach pretzel “legs” by sticking them into melted chocolate. Let cool completely then attach coated candy pieces for “eyes” and sugar pearls for “pupils” with peanut butter. Don’t have sugar pearls? White decorating gel also works.
For complete nutritional information, visit www.peanutbutter.com