5. Black Zero Will Be A Villain – There have long been rumors of a mystery villain in the Man Of Steel, and Lego might have revealed the surprise. Among a list of movie-themed Lego sets was “Superman Black Zero Escape.” While there could be a lot of different interpretations as to what this Lego set reveals, the most popular rumor online is that the supervillain Black Zero, who was responsible for the destruction of Superman’s home world of Krypton, will be in the film.
4. The Phantom Zone Will Be Called The Black Zone – Possible tying into the rumor that Black Zero is a villain is that the Phantom Zone will instead be called the Black Zone. This rumor started circulating after someone claiming to get an advance look at some concept art revealed the name change online. It didn’t make a lot of sense until the Black Zero info leaked, but it now starts to tie-in together.
3. Superman Will Get Beat Up By A Girl – To make Man Of Steel interesting, Superman has to face a serious threat, and that serious threat just might be Faora, another supervillain from the Phantom Zone (or Black Zone). According to a source on Superherohype.com, Superman gets quite a beating at the hands of Faora. She apparently leaves the Man Of Steel: bloody, broken, and near death.
2. Wonder Woman Will Have A Cameo – It’s no secret that Warner Bros. has to be eyeing the success of The Avengers and thinking they need to get moving with a Justice League movie. There have been tons of rumors suggesting some type of cameo or after the credits scene that will start to lay the groundwork for a shared DC Comics Cinematic Universe and an eventual Justice League movie. Since Superman and Wonder Woman are now dating in the comic books, it would make sense that she might be the logical choice to appear. However, if it happens, our bet is that it will be something tacked on at the last minute after the credits, because we doubt Warner Bros would have had a female star cast as Wonder Woman at the time that Man Of Steel was filming.
1. There Will Be War On Krypton – Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises found success with introducing a little bit of war into their storylines, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see Man Of Steel follow the trend. Also, with a big name actor like Russell Crowe cast to play Superman’s Kryptonian father Jor-El, it makes sense that Warner Bros. would want to feature him in a major segment of the film.