Marvel Studios has released footage for Captain America: Civil War.
Debuting at this weekend's Disney D23 Expo, the footage gave attendees the first footage of Marvel's hotly-anticipated film. As a sequel to Captain America: The Winter Solider, and a miniature Avengers event in its own right, Civil War looks to be one of Marvel's biggest efforts yet.
While Marvel hasn't (yet) released the footage online, ComicBook.com was on-site to watch the sizzle reel. A rough description of the footage follows:
* A scene showed Captain and America and The Falcon fighting crossbones, with Black Widow aiding in the background.
* Another scene revealed the Falcon's pet falcon, Redwing.
* But he's not the winged bird we've come to know and love - he is, in fact a drone!
* Another shot revealed Black Widow and Hawkeye fighting. Black Widow asks, "Are we still friends?" To which Hawkeye responds, "Depends on how hard you hit me." This confirms that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be on opposing sides of Civil War's conflict.
* A scene showed Bucky Barnes trapped in a cage.
* Another shot showed Black Panther in action for the first time, popping his claws out.
* A scene shows Paul Rudd's Ant-Man being brought into Captain America's faction. Star-struck, Ant-Man stammers, "I know you know a lot of super… people, so I wanted to say thinks for thanking of me. Thanks for thinking of me."
* Tony Stark and Steve Rogers debate their opposing ideologies, with Stark saying, "Without boundaries, we're no better than them."
Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.
And stay tuned to ComicBook.com for the latest news from Disney's D23 Expo!