Since Comic-Con International: San Diego takes place (July 21–24) a couple weeks before Suicide Squad is released in theaters on August 5, Warner Bros. is making sure the film has a major presence at the multi-genre entertainment and comic convention.
Today, the studio (via DC Comics) has announced the convention's Suicide Squad events.
- Fans are invited to enter DC All Access's (DCAA) "Suicide Squad" online Cosplay Contest starting Thursday, June 9, with their best Squad-inspired look as Deadshot, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Colonel Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Diablo, Killer Croc, Enchantress, Slipknot or Katana.
- Eleven winners, selected by visitors to the site, will then receive an all-expenses-paid trip for four days and three nights to San Diego and passes to the Con, where they will take part in a range of Warner Bros.' "Suicide Squad" activities throughout the weekend.
- Details are now on www.dccomics.com/squadup, Twitter and Instagram.
BUST INTO BELLE REVE!
- Every day of the Con, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., have an immersive "Suicide Squad" experience when we transform 6000 square feet of San Diego's Hard Rock Hotel into the infamous Belle Reve penitentiary—the very place where the "worst of the worst" were incarcerated before forming the Suicide Squad.
- Take part in a live-action virtual reality experience, fighting alongside Squad members in a scene from the film.
- Get your own "Suicide Squad" skull "ink" at Harley Quinn's tattoo parlor.
- Take photo ops in a re-creation of one of Belle Reve's jail cells.
GET UP CLOSE WITH THE "SUICIDE SQUAD"
- Catch "Suicide Squad" talent as part of the big Warner Bros. Pictures' exclusive presentation in Hall H, additional details of which are forthcoming, and connect with them directly at the DC booth, where stars of the film will meet fans and sign movie posters.
- The cast will also make a special ensemble appearance on Saturday, July 23 to tape "CONAN," which will air that evening at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS.
It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world's most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government's disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren't picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it's every man for himself?
Suicide Squad opens worldwide in 3D, and in 2D, and in select IMAX 3D theaters beginning August 5, 2016.